Chukar habitat in Wyoming?

KMO385

I've upland hunt in Wyoming for many years the one bird I haven't tried to hunt is Chukar. I understand Wyoming isn't the best chukar state but I'd still like to try it anyway. I've read alot information talking about west of the Big Horns. I've also read the Wind River as well. Does anyone know if that's true? If it what should I be looking for as far as habitat around Wind River Range. I'm not looking for point or specific spots just clearer information then the Google can provide.

I don't, but call your local G&F biologist. They will know.

I gave up upland game when I moved here. Where are you seeing birds, besides grouse? I miss phesant and quail.

I don't, but call your local G&F biologist. They will know.

I gave up upland game when I moved here. Where are you seeing birds, besides grouse? I miss phesant and quail.
I found some huns around in different places, and between sharpies, blues sage and ruff I feel this place is really underrated when it comes to upland hunting

There's some really good upland hunting here, so much so that I bought a dog this year lol.

I do pretty well on pheasant on the east side, no such luck on quail. I do travel to a few neighboring states and find quail and more pheasant (wild).

Hope to see some you post success on chukar, never hunted them and that's gotta change.

There's some really good upland hunting here, so much so that I bought a dog this year lol.

I do pretty well on pheasant on the east side, no such luck on quail. I do travel to a few neighboring states and find quail and more pheasant (wild).

Hope to see some you post success on chukar, never hunted them and that's gotta change.
What counties are you seeing pheasant, and is it on public land?

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWHauss
Back