Central Manti LE early rifle elk

Trophy Cow

Anyone here spent time on the manti during the rut?

Are they talking or call shy from all the pressure of the previous archery spike hunt?

I've hunted the North West end during the archery hunt once but haven't spent any time south of scofield. It seems like the south side may have more glassing opportunity and possibly less sheep. For this hunt we're looking for any mature elk and a good experience since this will be my sons first elk hunt. I figure a combination of hunting styles will keep him from getting too worn down over the hunt. Glassing/spot and stalk, still hunting and trail ambush.

Other than private lands are there any areas to avoid (ie. too much livestock, too many hikers, not enough elk)?

When I had the LE archery bull tag in 2013 they started going off on September 2nd or 3rd and I killed my bull on September 6th. I has hunting the southern part of the unit.

Great tag, good luck.

I’ve heard some talking. There were a fair amount of sheep.

Both on skyline between the roads out of spring city to ephraim.

headed in tomorrow to the north end initially. hopefully this recent wet weather will get them more active during the day and we'll see some daytime rut activity.

Might have been the fastest exit ever. mtmuley
Not scared just disgusted.I’ve been hunting Utah mountains for 50 years and have always been glad to tell some stranger that I saw in the mountains “hey, I just saw a big buck over that ridge” or “you should try this trail or that” or sharing stories of successes. I never imagined that the online hunting community was such a bunch of private people that were closed to new members. I stand by my initial comment. This odd for someone to get advice in a public forum then not share their success in that forum. Enjoy you future hunts (online and off).

This odd for someone to get advice in a public forum then not share their success in that forum.
Again, more than a few folks scrounge up advice or tips and then disappear. Almost a joke when someone starts making very short posts on multiple threads just to get their post count up enough to PM.

Not scared just disgusted.I’ve been hunting Utah mountains for 50 years and have always been glad to tell some stranger that I saw in the mountains “hey, I just saw a big buck over that ridge” or “you should try this trail or that” or sharing stories of successes. I never imagined that the online hunting community was such a bunch of private people that were closed to new members. I stand by my initial comment. This odd for someone to get advice in a public forum then not share their success in that forum. Enjoy you future hunts (online and off).
If you look around on here you will find many stories of success. But, most of us here are not willing to post specifics all over the world wide web about where we have that success. There are a lot of places absolutely ruined because of the internet "sharing" of information. This is absolutely the best place for hunting info especially in the West. But there is a way to go about it. mtmuley

Again, more than a few folks scrounge up advice or tips and then disappear. Almost a joke when someone starts making very short posts on multiple threads just to get their post count up enough to PM.
I think the 10 post rule is a bad idea. Maybe for selling or buying, but you see the short post thing everytime. mtmuley

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrestonThayne
Back