Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Catch All Excitement Thread

ammo

A lot of us have individual “getting ready”/scouting/specific gear question threads but how about a catch all thread for packing insanity, grocery carts full of chicken in a biscuit/easy cheese, and some of those “oh shit” or “hell yeah” moments before imminent departure…

I’ll go:

First excitement -
IMG_5344.jpeg

My oh shit moment was last night when I couldn’t find my tag. Used it as my fishing license Sunday to fly fish with my uncle and it was not in the pack that I had used or in my pile of unpacking from the weekend. Thought I’d have to drive to CPW in Denver this morning for a replacement but ended up finding it in the trash. Whoops!

A lot of us have individual “getting ready”/scouting/specific gear question threads but how about a catch all thread for packing insanity, grocery carts full of chicken in a biscuit/easy cheese, and some of those “oh shit” or “hell yeah” moments before imminent departure…

I’ll go:

First excitement -
View attachment 340017

My oh shit moment was last night when I couldn’t find my tag. Used it as my fishing license Sunday to fly fish with my uncle and it was not in the pack that I had used or in my pile of unpacking from the weekend. Thought I’d have to drive to CPW in Denver this morning for a replacement but ended up finding it in the trash. Whoops!

That's about how much crap I have just for my Iowa muzzleloader deer hunt that is only a mile from my house.

The gear pile is cool and all but the wall plate on the electrical outlet is awesome.

I want a photo of one of those bags right before you open it on day 4...
The poptarts will definitely be powder.

Hopeful in the food chemical industrial complex that the pb&js will merely be 'well marinated'.

The gear pile is cool and all but the wall plate on the electrical outlet is awesome.
Just moved into this house 3 weeks ago and the basement room still has some remains of kiddos.

I’ll play. Thanks for helping me realize that I’m down to the wire @ammo with the amount of work I still need to get done in addition to packing. I leave in 11 days for a 2 week extravaganza. 2 Wy elk tags and a Wy antelope. I started getting ready a couple days ago but have a long way to go!

IMG_3677.jpeg
Dehy and snacks
IMG_3677.jpeg
Cold storage and processing area
IMG_3648.jpeg
Sorting out what to pack
IMG_3616.jpeg
Rifle ready to roll
IMG_3685.png

Make room for multiple coolers and things required for 2 week hunt. Roof rack done, front suspension and lower control arms replaced.

IMG_3686.png
IMG_3687.png

IMG_3637.jpeg

Cart upgraded

IMG_3688.png

View attachment 340167
Have you been watching Yellowstone again?
A few years ago we had a thread about guitars in camp and I got crap because I said I didn't want a guitar in camp. Truth be told, I don't want my hunting partner to bring a guitar because I wear that cowboy hat and play the keyboard in the background around the campfire.

I’ll play. Thanks for helping me realize that I’m down to the wire @ammo with the amount of work I still need to get done in addition to packing. I leave in 11 days for a 2 week extravaganza. 2 Wy elk tags and a Wy antelope. I started getting ready a couple days ago but have a long way to go!

View attachment 340137
Dehy and snacks
View attachment 340137
Cold storage and processing area
View attachment 340138
Sorting out what to pack
View attachment 340139
Love me a jam packed but well organized garage/basement/whatever.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozarkhuntress
Back