MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Casper WY game processing recommendations

DRS

I will be hunting out of Casper this fall and am looking for recommendations for a good processor if I am successful.

Last time I was out there, I used Kompac Meat Processing. They were nice guys to work with, had my packages ready to pick up on my way home. They vacuum packaged cuts, tied the roasts, and the salami was great.

Kompac Meat Processing

Casper, WY

(307) 234-2626

If you're hunting south of Casper Maddox Meats in Medicine Bow has a good reputation locally, but I have never used them personally.

Dan's Meat Processing in Evansville has alway treated us and our animals well and the premises were always clean. But they do fill up.

Dan's Meat Processing
160 Curtis
Evansville, WY 82636
Phone number (307) 235-3157

I like Junior Pearce's operation (Yellowstone Meat Processing) the best and have had them process several times over the years. http://yellowstonemeatpro.wixsite.com/ympwy It is a very clean commercial facility with large windows inside between the customer area and the processing area so you can see everything.

Yellowstone is a couple of miles to the West of Casper.

There is another one that I have used before also that is worth recommending but I can not remember the name. They are a bit East of downtown Casper.

Both shops are priced about the same and do good work.

yellowstone meats. They will get your coolers packed for you if your from out of state. They are quick and do a great job. I have seen their work on everything from buffalo to antelope. good luck on your hunt

I'll be staying in Casper as well for my antelope hunt. Ive always butchered my own meat but it would be nice to have someone do it that is more skilled than I. What does something like that go for with an antelope, roughly?

We used pat's when we hunted the area in 2013 and they did a good job. We'll probably be taking ours there this year.

I'll be staying in Casper as well for my antelope hunt. Ive always butchered my own meat but it would be nice to have someone do it that is more skilled than I. What does something like that go for with an antelope, roughly?

If I recall correctly it was around $90.00 to cape and process the animal @ Dan's, but a quick call to any of them should firm that up.

Something else to keep in mind depending on what part of the country you some from, some processors may be closed on Sunday which for me was unanticipated but not surprising. Calling ahead for hours of operations may be helpful in terms of planning the drop off or pick-up of game.

If I recall correctly it was around $90.00 to cape and process the animal @ Dan's, but a quick call to any of them should firm that up.

great, thanks! I assume it's no trouble if you've already quartered it if you're far from the road.

great, thanks! I assume it's no trouble if you've already quartered it if you're far from the road.

The last I discussed it with them, yes they will take a quartered animal, but I don't think they that they will take a boned out animal.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Any idea of what kind of turn around time would be for the processing? A few days should be no problem. My wife and I are taking 5 days and I hope to get lucky in the 1st couple of days.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Any idea of what kind of turn around time would be for the processing? A few days should be no problem. My wife and I are taking 5 days and I hope to get lucky in the 1st couple of days.

That in my experience really depends on whether your the first guy in or the last guy and whether you expect to pick it up cold or frozen. This is the perfect time of year to call in advance while they aren't inundated.

Mine have always been ready the next day if I dropped it off to them early (noon or so) and asked for a quick turnaround, and on the second day if I did not ask.

Skinned, butchered, ground with beef or pork, wrapped, and put into coolers with dry ice totaled somewhere around $100. The basic charge was less than that but having them skin the antelope, buying the beef or pork for the burger, and buying the dry ice raised the total.

Dan's Meat Processing in Evansville has alway treated us and our animals well and the premises were always clean. But they do fill up.

Dan's Meat Processing
160 Curtis
Evansville, WY 82636
Phone number (307) 235-3157

^^^this again

Back