Carbon Barrel Advice for Savage 110

aesthetically - sure - but its a great way to get tight and exact headspace.

It could be but I don’t think you get any extra assurance in getting that with a savage vs anything else (ok, maybe better than Christensen?) but at least it’s adjustable. Side benefit of taking a cost cutting measure to not have to machine proper headspace in a barrel.

It could be but I don’t think you get any extra assurance in getting that with a savage vs anything else (ok, maybe better than Christensen?) but at least it’s adjustable. Side benefit of taking a cost cutting measure to not have to machine proper headspace in a barrel.
It is expensive to control those costs though as it is a much harder part to make - and i believe youd find more precise head space (less tolerance) on a savage vs most factory rifles.

From what ive read and understand - it has an affect on accuracy.

It is expensive to control those costs though as it is a much harder part to make - and i believe youd find more precise head space (less tolerance) on a savage vs most factory rifles.

From what ive read and understand - it has an affect on accuracy.

Maybe? I don’t have a huge sample size to compare with but the only factory rifle I’ve seen with obviously wrong headspace was a savage 308 that was short and wouldn’t chamber factory ammo. The instructors in that particular class mentioned it wasn’t the first or second time they’d seen that.

Maybe? I don’t have a huge sample size to compare with but the only factory rifle I’ve seen with obviously wrong headspace was a savage 308 that was short and wouldn’t chamber factory ammo. The instructors in that particular class mentioned it wasn’t the first or second time they’d seen that.
Lots of people have problems with Savage - they sell a shit load of rifles. Lots of people have problems with ruger - they sell a lot of rifles. Lots of people have no love for remington - they sell a lot of rifles. Bergera and Tikka have had issues too - its about how many do and how many they sell. You see it less often.

Is a buggatti or a toyota camry more reliable - and which will have more complaints you hear of and read?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrentR
Back