Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Can’t sell taxidermy on Facebook Marketplace?

The Hedgehog

Why is it that I can see elk and antelope mounts for sale, yet my attempts are blocked. I wanted to list an antelope and elk mount, but no such luck. Facebook commies..
IMG_8236.jpegIMG_8237.jpeg

My wife said she sees them all the time as well, maybe you’re wording them wrong? Put that it’s fake? Or go read the terms and put in the description specifically “not a live antelope” if the terms say “no sale of live animals” lol

Same with rifle scopes. I see them for sale all the time in my local area on Marketplace but my post gets removed immediately. Even if I don't use the words rifle, firearm, hunting, etc. I even used 'optic' instead of scope, didn't matter.

Honestly have no idea if this is the reason, but federal and international game laws and their lack of ability to tell they were met could well make them unwilling to allow taxidermy sales.

Cabela's offered me a handsome price for my dad's Africa stuff, then I decide to keep it. They have a taxidermy purchasing department.
One cool thing is that if you agree, it is placarded in the store with your name, date of kill, and the B&C score.

Cabela's offered me a handsome price for my dad's Africa stuff, then I decide to keep it. They have a taxidermy purchasing department.
One cool thing is that if you agree, it is placarded in the store with your name, date of kill, and the B&C score.
I always enjoy reading those and sometimes wonder how they came into possession of such trophy’s. There’s a few here that say “Confiscated by MTFWP”… on those ones i always wonder if any of em just got shot like 30 seconds before sunup and they got busted or if it really was something crazy nefarious.

My wife tried to sell a realistic looking ceramic dog trinket and they blocked it because the AI filter thought she was trying to sell a real dog.

Or it’s just Karen going through marketplace reporting everything she doesn’t like as contraband.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back