Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cabela’s Wooltimate Clothing?

Bought WOOLTIMATE last year, from Cabelas when Bass Pro took over.... for some reason they had a 50% clearance sale (yep, I got lucky). Bought the vest, hooded pullover and a jacket. I LOVE the stuff..... warm and keeps the wind away. My favorite hunting clothing. Some complain about burdocks getting attached. I always wear mine underneath.

Never worn it for western big game, but my dad and I each have the 1/2 zip hoodies. We got it while I was still in NY and it's awesome stuff! very warm and comfortable. I've worn it in some absolute whiteouts while deer hunting in the snowbelt and while chasing ducks from the St. Lawrence to Long Island, it's my go to for staying warm. Unfortunatly I don't have as much use for it here in AZ, but it's always in the truck to wear around camp when the sun dips down while winter camping

I have the 1/2 zip hoodie as well. The thing is dang warm and windproof. However, it is heavy, bulky/doesn’t pack down or compress, and doesn’t breath well. I wouldn’t bring it on a backpack hunt, but day hunts when space wasn’t an issue you definitely wouldn’t get cold while glassing!

I have the vest and heavy jacket. It is not lightweight stuff. But it is the best I've seen for keeping warm.

I have the 1/2 zip hoodie as well. The thing is dang warm and windproof. However, it is heavy, bulky/doesn’t pack down or compress, and doesn’t breath well. I wouldn’t bring it on a backpack hunt, but day hunts when space wasn’t an issue you definitely wouldn’t get cold while glassing!
Agree with bcar. My #1 item is the vest. Fits nice and tight and not bulky like the hoodie. If you have to choose that would be a good item.

I've had a vest for a long time and love it. One of my favorite late season pieces - warm, breaks the wind and has a lot of good pockets.

Some of my buddies have the coats and pants. They love em for cold and cold, windy weather

I have the hoodie and pants and used them for coyote hunting all winter in ND. They kept me warm even in below zero weather

Thanks for the replies guys. I have purchased most of the items to make up a whole set of the stuff. I look forward to using it. I kinda want a set of hunting clothes that last a long time. I’ve grown weary of the cotton stuff that you have to replace every year or two if you hunt a lot.

I found this light weight wool shirt at a swapmeet for a couple of dollars and it has become my favorite.
IMG_7395.JPG

Thanks for the replies guys. I have purchased most of the items to make up a whole set of the stuff. I look forward to using it. I kinda want a set of hunting clothes that last a long time. I’ve grown weary of the cotton stuff that you have to replace every year or two if you hunt a lot.

There's a saying " Cotton Kills" if you get soaked wearing cotton it will drop your body temp drastically.

Not that brand but I wear wool on my winter trips to Alaska and New Zealand. Once when my down bag got drenched I had to sleep in my soaking wet wool clothes for 40 hours and it kept me alive.View attachment 103860
That’s an awesome review of wool clothing. The TV hunting guys can keep the under armour clothes. I’ll stick with the stuff that keeps people alive in cold for 40 hours.

Wooltimate jacket (no hood) for me. Daily wear for winter dog walks in CO. Best when wet and windy. Heavier than layering wear. Had it 4 years, still in excellent condition.

I've never tried Wooltimate anything but its gotta be in the top 10 puns in the outdoor industry, so it's got that going for it right off.

H have a set of the bibs, vest, and coat. It is warm stuff that i use for whitetail tree stand hunting. Seams heavy but it works well.

I have the vest and jacket. they are very warm. Bulky to pack along, but you appreciate them when you sit down to glass or if you are on a horse.
Wantng to get the pants for those extra cold days

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvia Bondurant
Back