CA screws you tax

I truly love your optimism @Moserkr
Thanks. Since Im stuck here with family I have no choice but to remain optimistic, learn the laws, and follow court cases. The recent wins in the courts keep giving me hope. What slows down progress of winning battles like owning suppressors here is having to fight all the other stupid battles first, like taxing a right, registration bills, and potential confiscation bills. Our state is beyond unconstitutional and horribly corrupt. Im lucky to live in a very red, free county outside the cesspools of the cities.

When the Peoples Republic of Portland started pushing the anti hunting, no guns like CA. I told my wife I need to get a couple guns before I cant get them. She went along and agreed.

Fast forward, she comes to me and tells me shes ready for a new diamond stud earnings and not the "little ones", "you know before you cant get them". I told her you dont even wear them all the time and you have other ones. She told me "so do all the other guns you never shoot in your safe"

Make sure you get a couple good guns. 1 carat earrings are not inexpensive. Never saw it coming.

Wife's are so much ahead of us.
Should of seen that one coming.

Wait, so if you go on a hunting trip to CA you can't bring your own ammo?
No you (as a NR) can bring it in from another state...in fact that's the ONLY way a non-resident can have ammo. Created quite a stir at one of our trap shoots (that we go to in Cali) a few years back when folks from out of state wanting to shoot a few extra rounds had no where to buy ammo.

Last edited:
Thats where the Bruen decision will change everything across the nation. Rights have to be equally applied across all 50 states. Rights can be more lenient in other states, but not more strict. CA and all the other anti-gun states are in for a rude awakening as the magnitude of this precedent sets in.

There you have it from SCOTUS. AR-15s are the most popular rifle in America today. They are common use, non-militaristic, and fall completely within the scope of the 2nd Amendment. Cannot be banned, end of discussion.

Now we have to fight in CA to not have to be registered, taxed, safety certified, and attach silly items which prohibit normal function. Big win overall, but just a baby step in CA vs all the unconstitutional laws they cook up to just be difficult $&@nts.

There you have it from SCOTUS. AR-15s are the most popular rifle in America today. They are common use, non-militaristic, and fall completely within the scope of the 2nd Amendment. Cannot be banned, end of discussion.

Now we have to fight in CA to not have to be registered, taxed, safety certified, and attach silly items which prohibit normal function. Big win overall, but just a baby step in CA vs all the unconstitutional laws they cook up to just be difficult $&@nts.
Now it's just going to be drug out even longer.

I had the opportunity, after some 47 years, to move out of Kalifornia.

While I am sad that it was because my Father in Law was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, I didn’t question the decision for more than, oh, 1.6 seconds before saying to my wife “ok. Find us a home.”

About four months later I recall walking out of the Outpost Armory in TN with a fresh Springfield 1911 in hand. With a 12 minute background check.

I’ve honestly never felt more free in my life.

I had the opportunity, after some 47 years, to move out of Kalifornia.

While I am sad that it was because my Father in Law was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, I didn’t question the decision for more than, oh, 1.6 seconds before saying to my wife “ok. Find us a home.”

About four months later I recall walking out of the Outpost Armory in TN with a fresh Springfield 1911 in hand. With a 12 minute background check.

I’ve honestly never felt more free in my life.
I did the same thing when I moved from IL to WY. I celebrated by buying a turkey shotgun.

Took me longer to fill out the paperwork.

Actually there's nothing I'm lusting after right now except maybe a Colt Python. The main reason I haven't bought one is I couldn't hit a barn door if I was leaning on it.

Picked one up from a buddy at work. $1250, unfurled, 6” stainless. This thing is plenty accurate to hit that barn door. 😉

Buy it. They’re fun.

I did the same thing when I moved from IL to WY. I celebrated by buying a turkey shotgun.

Took me longer to fill out the paperwork.
Ditto when I moved back to Oregon, sale at the local gun shop and I had texted my buddy in Cali as I was waffling back and forth between a Glock 19 and a Glock 44 (for different reasons obviously) and he had owned both. About 20 minutes later I sent him a pic of them on the seat of my truck (couldn't decide...bought both) which in turn led to an IMMEDIATE phone call.

"WTF he says, you left the store with those?"

I had to laugh as sad as it was.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livingt_o_hunt
Back