Bury Me In The Mackenzie Mountains

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Just landed in Yellowknife. Been off grid since August 9. Part of me wishes I was still there. Will post a story when I drive home from Edmonton (if I get there).

The images and footage Marcus captured are the best we’ve ever captured. The sweepstakes winner was an A+ great guy to spend camp with. Gana River Outfitters has earned their reputation as a fine traditional operator that only does backpack and horseback hunts when helicopter hunts are becoming the norm for 5 of the 7 outfitters in the NWT.

I wrote detailed notes, but none of the words seemed even close to describing a place so remote, so vast, so wild, virtually untouched by the hand of man and machine.

Forty-five years of dreaming. If only I had went as a younger hunter I would have blown my life savings on return trips.

As my Uncle Elton reminded me before he passed away too soon, “Don’t confuse breathing’ with livin’.” Well, we did some serious “livin’” over the last two weeks.

IMG_1150.jpeg

The most enchanting landscape I’ve ever hunted.
IMG_1776.jpeg

More to come in a few days.

With all due respect, we, the members of hunttalk, made a new forum rule after @SCliving Outdoors adventures on the haul road. The rule reads “thou shall not post a teaser only to wait a few days to post the rest of the story.” …but since this is your forum and we’ve all been waiting all year for this we will let it slide this time!

Congratulations! This is going to be great!

The stuff of dreams. Congratulations on what looks like a fine ram and a great trip.

Kenetrek Boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back