Caribou Gear

Brook trout

I know people get scorched for asking about hunting spots, but I’m hoping the fishing crowd will be a bit easier. I am going to be in Bozeman next week and want to do some fishing. I have been there and fished Hyalite Creek both above and below the lake and that is my plan for this time as well. Just curious if there is another creek worth trying in the area? Zebco 33 and night crawler. No fly fishing. Looking to catch some Brookies to fry up when I get home.
Thanks in advance for any help.

haven’t tried to many streams in that area so I can’t say. I’d bet most any stream above 7,000 feet would have em.

Honestly if I were you I’d take a look at the fishing regulations for that region and see what streams have a liberal limit on Brookies and go from there.

Stay informed on what hoot owl restrictions are in force & where algal bloom advisories may be in place this late in the season.

And if you are inclined to hike 6-8 miles in to reach some of the high mountain lakes in the region, you might find it more rewarding than fishing along the road system, with all the competition & conflict that brings.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back