Bourbon Connoisseurs

That is a vintage one, was told they hadn't released it in a while and this release was limited.
I have seen it popping up quite a bit. Got a bottle a month or so ago. It is their Single Barrel, and if I remember correctly it is about 7yo whiskey. I have had a couple drinks out of mine. It is good, but the proof is a little low for my tastes. I wish it was about 100-110 proof, it would be outstanding.

I have seen it popping up quite a bit. Got a bottle a month or so ago. It is their Single Barrel, and if I remember correctly it is about 7yo whiskey. I have had a couple drinks out of mine. It is good, but the proof is a little low for my tastes. I wish it was about 100-110 proof, it would be outstanding.
I agree, it's good but lacking in proof.

Finished a bottle of Garrison Brothers 2016 last night. Corn-forward. Young. Some cherry and NyQuil anise veneered with oak. Flashes of what they’d become over the coming few years.

I live near Bardstown. Blantons is excellent bourbon if you can find it and afford it. I know a few guys near Frankfort and they will pick up a bottle at the distillery gift shop for $70.

Best bang for your buck under $30 in KY:
  • Buffalo Trace
  • Elijah Craig small batch
  • Four Roses small batch
  • Knob Creek 9 year
  • Four Roses 80 proof (very light but good neat $25)

If you think you dont like cigars, try a good one with some good 90 proof bourbon neat

I've gone through three bottles of Pappy 20, and traded the fourth. I love wheaters and it is very very good, but not worth the price it commands right now. A buddy, who loves wheaters as well turned me on to this bottling of Jeffersons Ocean Special Wheated....we both agree, it's Pappy good.

Had it 3 times and it tastes differant each time

Back