Born on the floor

He looks like a whopper. What are his dimensions? Guess you'll be looking for a new carpet. Glad everything turned (came) out okay. Congratulations.

Congrats @nhenry! I couldn't imagine how scary that was for everyone, and glad everything turned out well.
Coming from another dad of a Samuel, I think it's a great name!

The weekend was surreal in the NHenry household.

Friday’s workday went without any problems. Got home at 5:40, drank a quart of water, planned to go on a walk with my daughter and very pregnant wife.

Before we actually went on said walk, at 6:37 my wife started having pretty sudden and intense contractions. Walk delayed. She was working through her contractions, thinking they were just pain she’s been having pretty much since the second trimester (spoiler warning: they were not). Her amazing doula came to our place at 7:30 and helped her more than I could at the moment.

Over the course of the next 45 minutes, her contractions got a whole lot more painful and close together, but they weren’t going any lower so we stayed put since she wasn’t feeling anything in her pelvis yet.

At 8:20, right as we were planning to go to the birth center, my wife exclaimed, “my water broke!” Within 10 seconds after that, she said she needed to push. Change of plans. Doula got her pants off, wife laid on the living room floor, and literally 5 seconds later my son’s head made an appearance. She was screaming, my daughter was screaming, doula and I were yelling and trying to listen to the dispatch, and the poor dispatch lady on the phone probably downed a bottle that night.

I had her head and hands and supported her the best I could while also calling 911 because the lad’s shoulders were stuck. Doula was trying to catch the baby and she did the absolute best she could until they arrived.

EMTs got here 6 minutes later, and at 8:30 PM on June 28, the boy was in his mother’s arms on our living room carpet.

They took us to the hospital in an ambulance and we stayed there until about 3 hours ago when we got to come home.

He’s a healthy, bright eyed, little champ, and his mom’s a rockstar.

Welcome to the world, Samuel Mark.

View attachment 331321
Wow that’s amazing! Beautiful baby congrats!! Funny about dispatch lady lol

6 lb 7 oz, 19.25". Not too big, but a lot bigger than his sister was when she was born.
That's about average. All three of my kids were exactly 6 lbs 13 oz. Remember to wear shooting glasses when changing his diaper. I guarantee you'll be shot at. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaxi
Back