Advertisement

Boom sticks are cool...but show off your bow!

The world of archery continues to evolve. Yesterday I got a pop up coupon for $300 off a Burris Oracle bowsight. Heck I was bummed when I found out that sights cost more than $100. Now you can get $300 off? My god, what does it cost and will this insanity ever stop? Not while people have expandable cash and are willing to fork it over. I guess we are all still looking for the EASY button?

I picked this up today.

@grizzly63, it only cost a rifle and a pistol I traded, plus a check for the about the amount of my first nice bow. 😳

View attachment 330475
I traded a TC contender in 30/30 for a Martin shiny green target bow all decked out one time. Still regret it to this day. I did take my Hoyt Maxxis 31 in for a new set of cables and a string today. Not to terribly expensive to keep a fine piece of equipment working well. Dead is dead, right?

Shot Pse for 50 years. Pse drive nxt for midwest, Pse mach 1 carbon for the west.

Attachments

• 20181101_091436.jpg
    20181101_091436.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230630_215623.jpg
    20230630_215623.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
What was your reasoning? Will it kill them any more dead than your old bow?
Answer to Question 1: I bought my “old” bow about 20 years ago off the discount rack (it was old stock that had already been discontinued). It is neither fast nor quiet. I would also need to get new cables/string for it if I were to shoot it much. I decided I wanted to get back into bowhunting so I thought this was a good time to upgrade. I am going to swap the 10” stabilizer in the photo for a shorter one because I tend to end up in thick stuff when hunting. I have read that Mathews supports its old bows for a long time so I am hoping I can keep this one for a long time.

Answer to Question 2: No.

😀

Answer to Question 1: I bought my “old” bow about 20 years ago off the discount rack (it was old stock that had already been discontinued). It is neither fast nor quiet. I would also need to get new cables/string for it if I were to shoot it much. I decided I wanted to get back into bowhunting so I thought this was a good time to upgrade. I am going to swap the 10” stabilizer in the photo for a shorter one because I tend to end up in thick stuff when hunting. I have read that Mathews supports its old bows for a long time so I am hoping I can keep this one for a long time.

Answer to Question 2: No.

😀
I was just curious and thanks for the reply. Similarly, I upgraded my 07’ model Mathews for a brand new 22’ model in 2022 just after killing a couple elk with it. For me, I was able to get my full draw length (an extra 1.5-inches from the old one) and shoot 75lbs with the new one which significantly increased speed, in addition to it being more quiet and more forgiving. Don’t regret the upgrade one bit. I replaced the factory string right away though after it stretched and threw me out of tune, you might beware of that!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyL
Back