Sitka Gear Optifade Cover

Boat rentals

Pagosa

Anyone ever rented out there boat for fishing/skiing? Looking at the various websites and checking on insurance. Possibly Looking into this for July and August for the weekends we don't go out. Thanks

get great insurance, deposit, and only rent to a guy with a u.s. boaters cert. takes pics of the prop/hull. lots of idiots think they know how to operated a boat safely, and they think faster is better around docks. Also have a 3 mill. GLC umbrella.

Last edited:
There's entire social media accounts taken only at the boat ramp. Most of them are in Florida with 2WD pickups trying to climb the wet ramps but many are idiots full throttling into stuff.

I'd say get very good insurance and require at least some sort of test before they bomb across the lake into a dock.

We took our boat out this past weekend, against my better judgement, and it only confirmed what I already knew about people and their ability to operate a boat. It’s absolutely insane how even adults show 0 courtesy to anyone else on the lake. And what goes on at the boat ramp, oh my. You could probably make an entire movie just staying at the ramp and videoing these fools.

I’m in the insurance biz. If you decide to rent it out, make sure you read your policy carefully, in the presence of the agent who sells it to you. Many policies have exclusionary language when renting out a boat, car, house etc.. personally, I would only rent to people I know well.

I appreciate it guys, I've came to better senses and decided to not do it. I seen multiple people out on FT Peck this weekend in 40 mph wind t storms. I don't need the little bit of extra income, and I've had enough experience with insurance.

Delete thread

I worked at a fishing resort for a summer while I was in college. All of our boats were Lund explorers with a 25 hp motor. At least once a week a prop would be ruined, a skeg would be broken or something else would be gone. On more than 1 occasion the operator would call and say they were dead in the water and we would drive out there to tow it back, but we would always check the vent on the gas tank first. It turns out if you leave the vent open on a gas tank the motor runs a lot better. Also, be ready for angry people. Even though many renters have never stepped foot in a boat for some reason if you even offer the simplest of tips on how to operate the boat it is demeaning to their intelligence.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jachanzar91
Back