Bitterroot Mule Deer 261/270

Strange.. Me and my buddy pulled the tag this year as well.. with the tag cut down to 10, half of the permit holders are here?
I also have a buddy who told me that his mother-in-law drew the 261 buck tag, seems like if there was only 10 tags I wouldn’t have heard about 6/10 people who drew it

A friend of mine killed this buck in 2018 on Thanksgiving day. We hunted hard the entire season and honestly only saw maybe 2 deer bigger but one was on private and the other was crossing a ridge never to be seen again.View attachment 327636
That’s a stud buck, thanks for sharing! I am trying to not set my expectations to high and plan on going in with the mindset that finding a 180+ is very slim

I wonder how the scouting is going for all the 261 tag holders. They showed up, then crickets. mtmuley

If you want to know what kind of bucks/ bulls exist in a unit, just look at the outfitter pics they post on their web page. Yeah they were shot on Uber private, yeah they could have been shot somewhere else but you can usually get an idea of what might be.

I wonder how the scouting is going for all the 261 tag holders. They showed up, then crickets. mtmuley
Hunted a few times in the unit and have driven the lower private sections numerous times and have yet to even spot a decent buck. Deer numbers seem kinda low not even turning up many does. fingers crossed for the rut but it's been strange hunting the unit and seeing fewer deer than the general units I hunt.

Put on 10 miles around Skalkaho mtn today actually and only saw a few does….sure pretty country tho.

Attachments

• IMG_3926.jpeg
    IMG_3926.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3938.jpeg
    IMG_3938.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3941.jpeg
    IMG_3941.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3922.jpeg
    IMG_3922.jpeg