Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Best Trail Cam Pictures

Although it does seem to have some my no or traits I would associate with the red wolf I would say coyote. I live in wolf country out west and see our species all the time and they are quite different

Are there any more images of the canine? I want to say coyote, possibly mixed with something coyote.
Not of that animal. But here are a few more to consider.

This is from the same camera earlier this spring. Definite wolf.

20240405 Wolf B.jpg

These 3 are known wolves that are in Voyagers National Park - North Central MN, whereas my pics are 2-3 hr drive SE from there.

summer wolf B.jpg

summer wolf.jpg

young wolf.jpg

Wolves in summer coats, esp. young wolves are tough to call sometimes. The Voyagers' photo collections have had a lot of animals that look even more coyote like than the one I posted. That's what got me thinking these may not be coyotes at all. Interesting to speculate, but the big winter wolves are unmistakable.

Like these.

20230523 Wolf.jpgDSCF0041.JPG

Ya, tell ya what, Brent, I don’t know if my own dog might actually be a wolf now. That summertime half a fawn shot is wild. The summer pic right beneath that I would have previously confidently labeled coyote. Especially with the angle making the ears appear goofy sideways coyote.

The animal with the fawn hindquarters looks like it might be nursing some pups. Hard to say for sure from the pics, but if it is a wolf there may be a few more.

Not of that animal. But here are a few more to consider.

This is from the same camera earlier this spring. Definite wolf.

View attachment 330283

These 3 are known wolves that are in Voyagers National Park - North Central MN, whereas my pics are 2-3 hr drive SE from there.

View attachment 330284

View attachment 330285

View attachment 330286

Wolves in summer coats, esp. young wolves are tough to call sometimes. The Voyagers' photo collections have had a lot of animals that look even more coyote like than the one I posted. That's what got me thinking these may not be coyotes at all. Interesting to speculate, but the big winter wolves are unmistakable.

Like these.

View attachment 330288View attachment 330287
Go with your gut. I’ve seen both in the wild and shot a shit pile of coyotes. The hind quarters
Wish he would have let me have a shot at him I sweated my ass off waiting
Reminds me of a chase of a crazy whitetail buck out here in WA. 25 sits with my bow waiting for a left side super heavy old 4 point and eye guard with a drop antler like a softball whitetail stud with my bow. Never came together and he vanished.

Back