Caribou Gear Tarp

Beryl is a B!@#$

WildWill

Had a beach house rented for almost a year on the Texas coast for 7/7-7/14. Got a call this morning saying we couldn't check in tomorrow and wouldn't be able to till we got the all clear Tuesday at the earliest. These are the days we have off and can't change them so I told the guy to just book us for next year and we'd try again. Got some disappointed kids but me and the wife plan to make lemonade from our fresh batch of lemons. Heading to my mom's cabin in Hochatown for a few day's, then on to a haunted hotel in eureka Springs, and finally Dallas/Ft Worth for a few days of food and shopping. Life's perpetually full of curve balls.

Had a beach house rented for almost a year on the Texas coast for 7/7-7/14. Got a call this morning saying we couldn't check in tomorrow and wouldn't be able to till we got the all clear Tuesday at the earliest. These are the days we have off and can't change them so I told the guy to just book us for next year and we'd try again. Got some disappointed kids but me and the wife plan to make lemonade from our fresh batch of lemons. Heading to my mom's cabin in Hochatown for a few day's, then on to a haunted hotel in eureka Springs, and finally Dallas/Ft Worth for a few days of food and shopping. Life's perpetually full of curve balls.
The Crescent in the Springs is a cool place for kids and adults. We’ve not stayed at the Basin.

We just got back the week prior to Beryl from Isla Mujures (off the coast of Cancun) and even a week in advance of the storm things were getting pretty dicey! Nothing like being on a rental m'cycle in a pre-hurricane to give one "perspective" :oops:

I own a beach house in Surfside Beach and we had some renters in it this weekend. They will be leaving tomorrow ahead of the weather. The island will likely be flooded over with the storm surge but everything down there is on pilings. It should be OK but if not, that's what insurance is for.

I own a beach house in Surfside Beach and we had some renters in it this weekend. They will be leaving tomorrow ahead of the weather. The island will likely be flooded over with the storm surge but everything down there is on pilings. It should be OK but if not, that's what insurance is for.
Surfside is where we were headed. Been vacationing there for over 2 decades was married on that beach. Was looking forward to going back. Oh well hopefully next year.

I feel your pain. We are/were scheduled to be in Galveston starting Tues the 9th, not sure what's going to happen, the forecasted storm track just keeps getting worse.

Just the small curve balls life throws at us, seems like you've got it all in perspective. Enjoy your modified vacation plans with the wife and kids.

Hopefully the weather won't effect her flight. I know Houston is worried about flooding.
The neighborhood she is staying routinely floods. The house she is in sits like a little island. They have been stranded there for a couple days waiting for the water to recede.

Issue is if she changes her flight we pay for it, if the airline cancels it they pay for it.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jachanzar91
Back