Advertisement

Ben's semi-live 2024 hunt thread

When I was out in the public land a couple weeks ago I moved my game camera to a spot that just seemed deer to me even though there wasn't a lot of sign other Thant several trails crossing.

I have had a ton of pictures of raccoons and squirrels and bunnies, but very few deer, until recently. One daylight pic of a young doe and several night time pics of a nice 10 pointer and a young 7 point buck. The young buck actually bedded down in front of my camera for about an hour, which was pretty cool.

I have never been this successful with a trail cam and I am super excited about the fact that I am getting pictures of deer. Would like to see some turkeys but I am willing to be patient on that. I know the turkeys range around the property pretty widely.

That being said, I am pretty excited about this 10 pointer.

IMG_138D65321403-1.jpegIMG_8C0EE08C86B6-1.jpeg

He's not a giant, but for a first public land buck I would be stoked to put an arrow in him.

I'll keep watching for the next 11 days and be out hunting that spot with my nephew watching. He is visiting from Sweden and wants to get out in the woods with me for a couple days. Can't wait.

SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haase677
Back