Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Being an ambassador for the sport, how should one counter anti-hunting sentiments?

To tell u the truth I’m getting pretty damn tired of having to tip toe around so many different topics nowadays, over things that used to be apart of normal everyday life, just so I don’t upset someone’s poor little feelings…..

Explaining that the animal will die far more humanely from my rifle than being eaten alive or starving to death over weeks (or months due to malnutrition) has been remarkably and surprisingly effective.

I'll say, "This is by far the most humane death a deer can experience." Literally some have gone from "That's cruel!" to "Oh! I never thought about that."

I had this conversation with an older woman at work not long ago. She is the type that literally will not harm a fly. I mentioned hunting this fall and she got upset with me about how she could never hurt an animal, its terrible, etc. Then i calmly asked if she eats meat. "Yes"; she said. I couldnt wrap my head around it and just left. People are so far removed from a way of life that doesnt depend on others to feed them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnyankee
Back