NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Bear Archery

Midwesterman

I’ve always liked Bear’s philosophy of making a nice bow at an affordable price. Looking to upgrade, any opinions as far as a good elk bow from them? Just looking for outside opinions!

Any of the main stream bows will be a great bow for elk everyone has a preference most are 300 plus fps and plenty of kinetic energy shoot several and find one that feels good shooting it
Another option is the high end bows have a lesser price option you dont need to spend a lot for a good bow, I shoot Hoyt but bought mine 2yrs old at 1/2 price
Good luck n have fun finding the one for you

I've been shooting a Bear compound for several years now, purchased as a package bow thru Cabelas.
It's a great bow, fast & quiet. Has accounted for a bunch of whitetails.

Bears are good bows. Vibration is my only complaint. But what do I know, I still use the Bowtech General from '08.

theres a hell of a lot of bows out there now.
waiting on the new sanlida ilf x10, trad gets in the blood

I'm a new archery hunter/shooter and have a Bear Adapt. I have nothing to compare it to, but I like it. It is kinda loud/has some vibration and not the fastest bow in the world but it is solid. I wouldn't get the ready to hunt one as it comes with some cheap parts. I'd just get the bow and build it up myself.

I had the Bear Whitetail Legend Pro (would have been more than happy to use for elk as well) and really liked it. I’m looking at the Alaskan XT now, heard nothing but good things on them.

Go to a shop a shoot a bunch of bows. Buy the bow that you like/shoot the best. It might be a Bear, Prime, Hoyt, Bowtech, Mission, Mathews, etc. You will most likely fall in love with a Mathews 😃. I did anyway. Mission makes some really nice bows at a lower price point.

I’ve always liked Bear’s philosophy of making a nice bow at an affordable price. Looking to upgrade, any opinions as far as a good elk bow from them? Just looking for outside opinions!
Bear does make excellent bows for the price. Without knowing your price point, it's hard to say, but look at their Legend Series bows (try the Alaskan). Stear away from the "ready to hunt" and add your own components. RTH offerings tend to come with cheaper components. More important than the bow (IMO) to a good compound setup are arrows, rest, and sight in that order. If you gave me $1,000 to get a setup, I'd spend $500-600 on the bow and the rest on the best arrows, rest, and sight I could get. At the end of the day, as others have said, find your price point and shoot a bunch of bows in that range.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BradenBowhunter148
Back