Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Are we ready?

Elky Welky

Montana archery doesn't open until the 7th, but the nights have already cooled significantly, and rumors of bugles abound. Starbucks is selling pumpkin spice lattes again, and walmart has had their Halloween stuff out for a month; I'm sure they'll be stocking their Christmas stuff in the coming weeks. I flung some arrows with a buddy this last weekend and we're grouping well. I've been hitting the gym hard the last month. Going to do some scouting over labor day, sharpening my exchangeable blades, changing the oil in my truck, and packing and repacking my backpack. I'm excited, are you?

Montana archery doesn't open until the 7th, but the nights have already cooled significantly, and rumors of bugles abound. Starbucks is selling pumpkin spice lattes again, and walmart has had their Halloween stuff out for a month; I'm sure they'll be stocking their Christmas stuff in the coming weeks. I flung some arrows with a buddy this last weekend and we're grouping well. I've been hitting the gym hard the last month. Going to do some scouting over labor day, sharpening my exchangeable blades, changing the oil in my truck, and packing and repacking my backpack. I'm excited, are you?
3 elk tags and 2 deer tags in my pocket. I've been ready to go for awhile.

Like others who posted - I have a pocket full of tags and time to chase them.
I'll be in the NM mountains Friday evening and chasing bulls Sunday morning. I cant even control myself.
After that I'll be riding my gila high into a Montana LE elk tag and general deer tag. Taking a stab at killing two bulls this year.
After that whitetail madness begins.

Good luck to everyone, be safe, shoot straight, and dont suck.

I think i can run faster than the fellow im hunting with in the ruby/gravelly ranges. So i suppose that counts as ready.

May the montana hunting gods bless you all with you forkys and tasty raghorns for good measure.

Elk located and seem to be staying put for now. Broadheads are grouping tight and the truck has fresh motor/diff/tcase fluids. We've got a fresh (and first) infant that'll be 11 weeks old on the opener, so my days in the woods will be limited. Hoping I can make the few outings that I get count.

In the meantime, babychild is going to hang with grandma on Sunday so we can look for birds with the doggus for a few hours.

heading down to wyoming saturday for sunday-monday hunt. next weekend probably hitting "grizzly alley" for MT opener. I'm as ready as i'm gonna get!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back