Any luck in the Maine Moose Lottery for the HT crowd?

.270Rem

No such luck for me this year. Hoping to plan a trip with my brother and chase some birds maybe instead.

No luck for the wife and I going on 20 years now. Friend got lucky and drew it last year think he had applied for almost 40.

no dice here. i've been applying for about 15 years. Only put in for the block of 10 each year. moose could certainly need any help the permit fees provide.

no dice here. i've been applying for about 15 years. Only put in for the block of 10 each year. moose could certainly need any help the permit fees provide.
Yeah my buddy drew a good unit last year and hunting was tough. Ticks are laying a hurting on the population it seems.

Have a friend who has drawn three bull tags over the years. Smoked a very nice one on every tag. But two of those were before the NR tag craze.

How do you even go about selecting a unit to apply for, scouting and then hunting Maine? Is there that much public land, or do you have to know someone or hire a guide for private access?

How do you even go about selecting a unit to apply for, scouting and then hunting Maine? Is there that much public land, or do you have to know someone or hire a guide for private access?
my advice is hire a guide if you don't know, and if you do know probably still great advice to live by with a once in a lifetime tag. Selecting units really has no bearing on what you end up with IMO. Generally Northern to Southern population is higher in that order.

Lots of options for the DIY crowd, but if you haven't visited there before spending the coin for a guide will pay off better than a couple scouting trips.

No luck bit I've applied know it's long odds. My family has a camp in Northern Maine so it would he a once in a lifetime tag that they could be a part of. I've hunted there a couple times and would definitely go DIY on a moose tag

I didn’t get drawn again this year, I think that I had 26pp before the draw. I wonder/doubt that I will ever draw a tag there. I remember when I started applying years ago the story was, it takes a lifetime to draw a tag and one day to kill a moose. I may never find out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manbugle
Back