Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Another safe queen ( your chance to own a piece of crap)

belshawelk

World famous Remington 710 for sale. 30-06. Its the "cheap" gun that started it all. Actually Remington deserves some credit for trying. They actually shoot pretty well. Its just the receiver, trigger, ugly stock, crappy scope that are the problem. I bought this new as a emergency back up hunting gun. Been on lots of trips many years ago but never came out of case. Been sitting in safe for years and years. In perfect shape. Think I shot a box through her. Not a bad gun for a kid to learn to shoot so when they drop it you don't cry. $275

Attachments

• 710.jpg
    710.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
  • 710-1.jpg
    710-1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
  • 710-2.jpg
    710-2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
lol defiantly ranked as one of the worst of all time. My shoots eldx ok and tsx good enough at 100. Weirdly I shoot it all right with big gloves- must be easier to take up all that trigger creep it’s got. Good luck!

I’m scared to look at reviews of why this is such an unsatisfactory rifle out of fear someone else will jump on this like I might should be? 🤣😂😅

Talk to me, Goose…?

Well, Mostly because of the receiver and the barrel is pressed not threaded. Most reviews will range from worst gun ever made, to it actually shoots decent and if a guy is just hunting and shooting a few rounds a year its fine. Mostly the worst reviews are from those who have never shot one. Those who have do what I did. they bought it as a truck gun and back up gun.

Bought it when I was 13 so it did the job. Personally I find nothing wrong with it besides its heavy, fairly inaccurate, terrible trigger, terrible bolt, weird recoil lug design. Tha said I love having a gun I give zero F’s about and still hunt with it affectionately. Plus it make a great walking stick climbing steep snowy mountain sides or as a rudder sliding down them….

There was a guy on LRH I think that was building rifles on that action. (A long time ago before I was banned) Certainly not the best action but I remember he had success with it. GLWS. mtmuley

Well shoot, I already have a backup that’s become my primary! 🤣

I suppose I need to step my budget up and keep looking. Then my current setup will be my backup. Lol GLWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manbugle
Back