Advertisement

Another MT Wolf Photo

thecrittergitter

Apparently I have some wolf killing blood in me, maybe thats why I got lucky this year:) My birthdad found this old photo of what is like my great, great Uncle here in Montana "back in the day". Apparently this was an infamous wolf they named snowslide in the Highwood Mountains that went years killing livestock, sheep, ect, and nobody could ever seem to kill it. Apparently great great uncle crittergitter gotter done:D lol.

Thought it was a cool picture you all might enjoy.

Attachments

• Old time wolf photo.jpg
    Old time wolf photo.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,317
That is cool right there. Maybe one day your great-great descendants will be talking about your "old timey" wolf hunting pics.

Those old "Wolfers" from back in the day knew more about hunting than we can ever imagine. They were very good at their craft. And they did it without GPS's, Google Earth, laser rangefinders, weather forcasts, etc.

Sweet picture! I've heard some really great stories from some of my oldtimer government hunter buds that are still around. They saw and did some things that we can only dream about....

Those old "Wolfers" from back in the day knew more about hunting than we can ever imagine. They were very good at their craft. And they did it without GPS's, Google Earth, laser rangefinders, weather forcasts, etc.

Sweet picture! I've heard some really great stories from some of my oldtimer government hunter buds that are still around. They saw and did some things that we can only dream about....

Yea i didn't notice any garmin gps on his belt, or a nice leupold scope on that long range gun either:);) I did notice that set of wolf chompers though!

People in those days in general were so much tougher than today's society its amazing.

Love old pics and stories like these....

Do we get to call you the Wolfwhisperer now, since it's in you blood and all. Gotta love old photos like that Thanx for posting!

Thanks for sharing. I've been taking the horses up there this past 3 weekends and have seen wolves once and plenty of fresh sign every time. The ones we saw were coming up behind us in our tracks. Don't know what they were doing but they ran hard. We chased them for a ways and decided that they were leaving the area for now.

Every time i see old pics like this ,makes me think these guys were '' HARD'' . You just know they where '' BEAST MODE'' every day.Wonder what guy's like this would think of us?

Awesome picture! Way cool! I can only hope to leave something half that cool for my family.

Every time i see old pics like this ,makes me think these guys were '' HARD'' . You just know they where '' BEAST MODE'' every day.Wonder what guy's like this would think of us?

THey would laugh at all our gadgetry and say something like.........what a bunch of panzie azzes!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back