Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Alpacka pack rafts big sale

Khunter

Had an awesome experience hunting moose via a couple borrowed Alpacka Pack rafts this year. Highly recommended!

They are holding their annual sale right now. 15% off through midnight Tuesday and then some days with 10% of rafts.

I ordered his and hers rafts today, a Mule and a Ranger model.

1666653873126.png

two alpacka rafts showed up on the KHunter doorstep this week.

Thinking we need to start a persistent packraft hunting thread. Lots to learn and lots of learning to share.
That’s a good idea. When folks see the Alaska bison episode coming soon, where Marcus floats the South Fork of the Kuskwokim with all his gear for ten days in an AlpackaRaft, folks are gonna ask about those.

Thanks for promoting them, @Khunter. Thor is a great guy who has a great product. For Hunt Talkers, he’s given promo code RANDY to save a few bucks. I hope folks support them.

Link here - https://www.alpackaraft.com/collections/packrafts

Had an awesome experience hunting moose via a couple borrowed Alpacka Pack rafts this year. Highly recommended!

They are holding their annual sale right now. 15% off through midnight Tuesday and then some days with 10% of rafts.

I ordered his and hers rafts today, a Mule and a Ranger model.

View attachment 246257
I’m currently debating between the Ranger and the Mule. I’m on the bigger side 225lb 6’5. Main purpose will be backpacking in to float the river systems. Between the two, do you have a preference?

I’m currently debating between the Ranger and the Mule. I’m on the bigger side 225lb 6’5. Main purpose will be backpacking in to float the river systems. Between the two, do you have a preference?
I have the Caribou in hunter green. Only used one day in Alaska.
I’d sell it for $750 shipped.

I’m too old now to be backpacking out heavy loads of meat and gear.
I’m gravitating more to bird hunting, they’re easier to pack out.

I have the Caribou in hunter green. Only used one day in Alaska.
I’d sell it for $750 shipped.

I’m too old now to be backpacking out heavy loads of meat and gear.
I’m gravitating more to bird hunting, they’re easier to pack out.
Does it have the cargo fly zipper?

@802flyfish I am not expert enough to really advise which is best for you among the Ranger and Mule. Weight capacity and what you plan to float in/out with matter of course.

The Mule rated at 500 lbs including you, and the Ranger is 750 lbs. Ranger is certainly larger of course. Cargo fly is crucial to have IMO you can stow so much gear inside the raft tube.

I used the Mule pretty much daily for a 20+ day moose hunt but it was day use, not multi day float trip with camp gear. Drove to put in spot hopped on river floated to spots to hunt and repeat. Perfect for that although never would have been able to pack entire boned out moose in one trip on the Mule.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911MT
Back