MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Achilles tendinitis brace/sleeves for hiking

huntin24/7

Has anyone ever had to deal with his for hunting/hiking? I’ve been dealing with a lingering sore Achilles for quite some time. It’s kind of tender when I rub it, but it usually doesn’t bother me much hiking or running most of the time. Going on a big hunt soon and wondering if anyone has had luck with certain brands or anything else that might help.

Im in a similar boat and both of mine have hurt for years now. Only thing Ive seen recommended (besides drugs) is targeted rehab training like calf raises and stretching. Nothing that will help short term. Hoping someone who has fixed it will chime in.

I have dealt with it for years and it is now gone. One of the things that helped me was my chiropractor adjusting my hips. they get out of whack and it has a trickle down effect.

Other than that, rub them often to get blood flowing down there and stretching. Lots of stretching. Hold that stretch for 90 seconds or more.

The chiropractor comment from @MNElkNut did bring back a memory for dealing with the achilles and my torn toe ligaments. I have high arches and was not getting full support across my whole foot under heavy pack loads over long distances of backcountry hunting. So it was recommended I get custom orthotics which really helped overall. Just another thought that may help.

Bummer. My wife is battling this now and it turned into tendinosis and prognosis isn't great until final tear then surgery. The doc told her the longer she waited before addressing tendonitis was the reason it got worse. She toughs it out and has been going to PT but really not a lot to do to fix it in her case. Hope yours gets better. I have 2 friends that ruptured their achelles recently.

PT here. Be proactive starting yesterday. Start doing isometric holds with your heel hanging off a step, no lower than foot level. 45-60s hold. If that feels fine, start adding eccentric heel drops in (heels raise by putting all of your weight in the opposite leg, then full weight-bearing through the painful side as you slowly lower off a step, down below foot level). Something that can also help a lot is dry needling. Find a PT who is certified nearby.

Here are a couple videos that I use for my patients to explain it. Hope this helps and best of luck on the hunt!

PT here. Be proactive starting yesterday. Start doing isometric holds with your heel hanging off a step, no lower than foot level. 45-60s hold. If that feels fine, start adding eccentric heel drops in (heels raise by putting all of your weight in the opposite leg, then full weight-bearing through the painful side as you slowly lower off a step, down below foot level). Something that can also help a lot is dry needling. Find a PT who is certified nearby.

Here are a couple videos that I use for my patients to explain it. Hope this helps and best of luck on the hunt!

Thanks. I’ll definitely try those things.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back