Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

5 states, 4 species, and hopefully a boys first deer.

WildWill

Thought it would be nice to do a live thread to document and share my season this year. I've got a pile of deer tags for 4 separate states plus a cow elk tag in WY. But most importantly after years of taking my son along on hunts I've decided he's ready for his first deer. He asked twice last year while we were hunting if he could kill a deer. I've tried to be subjective about it (hard to do as a father) and after several talks I think he understands the seriousness of taking a life (he has killed some small game). He's proven himself more then ready in the shooting department and is deadly out to 100 yards with his 243. Of course the knuckle head had to go and break his elbow about a month ago. Fortunately the cast comes off on the 9th which gives us some time to brush up on his shooting before his November hunt in westernOklahoma.image000000(18).jpg

The rest of my season is as follows.
1: Oct 9th-13th Texas controlled archery deer hunt at Muse wma.
2: Oct 24th-30th NM muzzleloader coues deer.
3: Nov 1st and 2nd my boys hunt in western OK
4: Nov 6th-15th 3rd season CO mule deer.
5: Late Nov- early Dec deer hunting here at home in OK with wife.
6: Late Dec cow elk hunt in WY with my brother.

Excited for my first hunt I've decided to make a mini family vacation out of it. Got a cabin on the shore of Lake Brownwood and I head that way Wednesday. The kids are gonna play hooky Friday and the wife will meet me there. Got permission from the hunt manager to bring the kids along.

Back