Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

25-45 Sharps - Looking for Info from shooters

USAF Ret

I have an AR I am looking at rebarreling. I was planning on the 300 HAM'r, but I have decided on the 25-45 Sharps for personal reasons. It is the last deer hunting caliber my dad has shot and he took his buck of a lifetime with it a couple of years back. He just glows about it because he has always liked the 25 caliber rounds. Anyone shooting and loading this round? Can you provide stories on hunting, loading, ballistics, accuracy, issues, etc? Thanks.

I will probably still do a 300 HAM'r just because it is a potent and accurate AR hunting round, but the 25-45 will be my next project.

From what I have read and doing my own research, it might be the best thing going for an AR15 cartridge performance wise. Just my opinion though.

From what I have read and doing my own research, it might be the best thing going for an AR15 cartridge performance wise. Just my opinion though.
Yeah, I have a Grendel and like it a lot, but this cartridge allows for those lighter bullets and speed. My dad used a 80 grain TTSX and said he dropped everything he shot.

It’s the AR cartridge I’ll go with whenever I build another AR. 25 cal is slept on.
Even from SRC, headstamped brass and ammo is inexpensive and the barrels they sell are accurate. An 85gr bullet at 3000 (claimed) is pretty good.

It’s the AR cartridge I’ll go with whenever I build another AR. 25 cal is slept on.
Even from SRC, headstamped brass and ammo is inexpensive and the barrels they sell are accurate. An 85gr bullet at 3000 (claimed) is pretty good.
Whats old is new, modern sporting rifle version of the 250/3000 mdl 99. I wonder if the MSR version will acquire the same loyal following and nostalgia associated the predecessor. I think its a great idea.

Essentially aimed at duplicating the 250 Savage in an AR platform.

Kimber made a bolt rifle in the 70s-80s based off the 222 Rem Mag.
Think 25-47, or 25-204 Ruger.

I was thinking of building an AR in 25-45 Sharps for coyote hunting.

Then I came to my senses and ordered a barrel for a bolt gun build.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back