NEW SITKA Ambient 75

2024 NM Gila Elk Hunt (The tag dreams are made of)

So to start where I left off on Monday. It poured rain til lunch on Monday and never heard a bugle all day. Went back to camp and had a good supper. And made plans to go hunt the next morning back in the area I killed my bull in last year.

So then Tuesday morning I went back to the area I hunted abunch last year and where I killed my bull last year. Got on this bull I killed about right away in the morning got in front of them and tried shooting thru a opening to small at 50 yards and wacked a tree and busted my broadhead off. Figured I'd never see him again. So kept hunting and bout 30-40 minutes later heard a bull bugle so I eased that way and was on a ridge right above them like 70 yards, with them below me in a meadow. So I got up against the rocks and let as big and bad of a bugle rip as I could.

Last edited:
He cut me off and sounded absolutely pissed. He came in on a string up around the rocks stopped at 30 yards behind a tree and let loose another bugle straight at me. Walked behind another tree and I drew he stepped out and my 20, 30 and 40 yard pins were all covering his chest as he's quartered to me just a lil bit. Sent the arrow and could hear my arrow zip thru him. So close i could see the hole in him instantly where it went in. Watched him run across the meadow at a dead run and up another hill and start stumbling around and watched him topple perty much all the way but wasnt sure cause he got behind some trees before I saw him fall completely down. It all happened so fast I couldn't even take it all in. Words don't even explain how incredible that experience was of that bull bugling in my face and coming up so close.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozarkhuntress
Back