2024 fall bear

Sask hunter

I felt bad hijacking @seeth07 post all the time so figured I would start my own. Set my bait tonight but forgot to take pictures. Season starts in 10 days. Lots of berries but they are drying up fast with the hot dry weather. So we will see how the bait does. This bait usually just has average size bears but it’s close to home and convenient. I’m more looking forward to making a good clean archery kill then a certain size of bear. Often in the fall I target sows to try and knock the population down a bit. Did see this guy on the way home from baiting. I think I’ll have to spend some time watching the field and maybe I can try to arrow him on September 1 when deer season opens
IMG_2468.jpeg

I live in Arkansas. Fixing to start my bait pile up. Season is next month. Alot of bears in the area.
Been a slow start here. Took almost a week to get hit and just the one bear so far. Going to go rebait on my lunch break today

I felt bad hijacking @seeth07 post all the time so figured I would start my own. Set my bait tonight but forgot to take pictures. Season starts in 10 days. Lots of berries but they are drying up fast with the hot dry weather. So we will see how the bait does. This bait usually just has average size bears but it’s close to home and convenient. I’m more looking forward to making a good clean archery kill then a certain size of bear. Often in the fall I target sows to try and knock the population down a bit. Did see this guy on the way home from baiting. I think I’ll have to spend some time watching the field and maybe I can try to arrow him on September 1 when deer season opens
View attachment 336606
Fairly small red stag, could do with a couple more yrs on him.

I snare coyotes in basically the same spot as where I bear bait. Never had coyotes on my bait till last year and then I snared over 20 in this spot. Looks like might be another repeat this winter as when the bear isn’t in it seems like coyotes are

IMG_2503.jpeg

I wish iowa had bears! I head out next week for Minnesota bear. Hoping to get one, praying its not a dink. I’ve never seen one in the wild so hopin I judge correctly!
Let me know how you do. Season has been open for a few days but I haven’t sat yet. Hoping a bigger one shows up if not I’ll shoot a meat bear but being lazy and might wait until so crop is off so I can get my truck within 100 yards of the bait site then

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back