Sitka Gear Optifade Cover

1st Michigan grouse trip

.270Rem

On Friday, my brother and I will join one of my college buddies and head towards Michigan. I/we've been looking over maps, talking to biologists, asking some HT members for tips, and e-scouting. We have some ideas, but have a week to wander in search of grouse and woodcock. Our goal is to laugh a bunch, walk a few miles, maybe get some shooting in, and see new places.

We have reservations in Grayling and plan on trying a mix of state forests, National Forests, and the GEMS locations. I hope to report as we hunt and thanks again for the advice I got.

I would really recommend Ann Jandernoa’s Scout N Hunt product for a week long grouse hunt. It really helps you key in on prime cuts to target. Good luck and have a blast. I’m headed to MN in about a week and a half for our annual grouse camp.

Last hunting trip I did with my brother was in 2003 when he got leave from his first Iraq deployment. Don't know why we haven't done this sooner.

Best of luck 270Rem! Looking forward to reading about your hunt.

The Greek, I'm up the Gunflint Trail right now and heading home in the morning. We hunted HARD for 3 days and found 9 ruffs and 1 spruce, not one woodcock. It is DRY! A couple of small fires have been reported south of us but aren't a hazard currently. Wherever you're heading I hope its had some recent rain and didn't get the hatch wiped out like here. Minnesota is a one & done for us.

Back