16.5 inch 6.5 PRC

Wyo_Jeeper

Just picked up my latest. 16.5 inch Proof barrel 6.5 PRC in an MDT HNT chassis. Whole goal was to have as short a package as possible with the suppressor (once the approval comes through) for a handy/dandy blood and guts rifle. First 12 shots through it show good promise, and according to the chronograph I'm still going to have 2,000 FPS at 500 yards. I'm looking forward to putting more trigger time on this thing on the lead up to hunting season this year. Especially once the suppressor clears.

PRC RIFLE.jpg

Hornady Precision Hunter factory loads with 143 ELD-X's
PRC CHRONO.png

my girlfriend killed an oryx dead right there> dropped> down> with a 16in barrel 6.5prc suppressed 250yrds eldm

What's the total weight pre-suppressor? And what can are you getting? Looks like a pretty sweet setup.

Might have trouble doing a fast draw lol.
In seriousness whats it weight?

What's the total weight pre-suppressor?
In seriousness whats it weight?
Total weight as it sits is 8 pounds 1 ounce according to the kitchen scale.

And what can are you getting?
Silencer Co Harvester. SiCo and Gunwerks were the only two I talked to that were willing to say they would hold up to this barrel length in a PRC. I never contacted Thunderbeast simply because I couldn’t find any of their cans in stock.

Have you worked on any hand loads for it? I have a Bergara Micro MGLite with a 18in barrel and it has been my problem child for 9 months. I can't get any Berger bullets or Sierras to work. I get lots of pressure signs plus I have horrible speeds and accuracy with it. I just got it back after sending it in and they said they were getting good groups with 147 gr ELD-M.

Have you worked on any hand loads for it? I have a Bergara Micro MGLite with a 18in barrel and it has been my problem child for 9 months. I can't get any Berger bullets or Sierras to work. I get lots of pressure signs plus I have horrible speeds and accuracy with it. I just got it back after sending it in and they said they were getting good groups with 147 gr ELD-M.
Bergers and Sierras should be the easiest to get groups with. Did they give you a velocity for the ELD's?

Bergers and Sierras should be the easiest to get groups with. Did they give you a velocity for the ELD's?
No they just gave me a three separate group sizes and a card with the best group. They were all just barely MOA. The only load I have gotten sub MOA was with the 130 grain berger classic hunters. It was fine the first time I shot but when I took out another group I was hitting pressure signs.

IMG_7253.jpeg

Took it out to the west desert to spend some time punching primers. With the suppressor shooting Hornady Outfitter factory CX loads I’m still right at 2,000 fps at 500 yards, exactly where I wanted to be when this whole exercise started.

IMG_7291.jpeg

I didn’t save the shot string from my Howa 6.5 PRC, I’ll have to post that next time I take it out. But I was right at 300 fps slower with 7.5 inches less barrel.

I have not worked any hand loads yet. I’m going to do that this winter after I fill my elk tags. I’ll be running Hornady Outfitter factory ammo until January.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
george84
Back