Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

$1.1 Billion to State Wildlife Agencies from Excise Taxes

katqanna

Secretary Jewell Announces $1.1 Billion to State Wildlife Agencies from Excise Taxes on Anglers, Hunters, and Boaters

WASHINGTON – Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell announced today that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will distribute nearly $1.1 billion in excise tax revenues paid by sportsmen and sportswomen to state and territorial fish and wildlife agencies to fund fish and wildlife conservation and recreation projects across the nation. A state-by-state table is included in this release.

“People who enjoy hunting, fishing, boating and recreational shooting provide a strong foundation for conservation funding in this country,” Jewell said. “The taxes they pay on equipment and boating fuel support critical fish and wildlife management and conservation efforts, create access for recreational boating, and underpin education programs that help get kids outdoors.”

Anyone who enjoys our nation’s outdoor heritage should thank hunters, anglers, recreational boaters and target shooters,” said Dan Ashe, director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. “Through the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program, these individuals have created a 75-year legacy for conservation of critical wildlife habitat and improved access to the outdoors for everyone.”

This announcement seems to be patting themselves on the back for "releasing the funds" which seems like praising the sun for rising in the east. Doing what they are supposed to do I guess really IS newsworthy.

My guess is the amount is what is newsworthy. The ammo/component shortages are due to overwhelming volume of sales, coupled with unheard of number of guns being sold equals a whole lot more money in excise taxes.

My guess is the amount is what is newsworthy. The ammo/component shortages are due to overwhelming volume of sales, coupled with unheard of number of guns being sold equals a whole lot more money in excise taxes.

Or in other words: "Leave Obummer in Office for a few more years and it will exceed 2 billion!"

Or in other words: "Leave Obummer in Office for a few more years and it will exceed 2 billion!"

No doubt he can move the merchandise. Heck, he may go down in history as being one of the great conservation presidents! That's how I would I would spin it if I was one of his spin doctors.

This announcement seems to be patting themselves on the back for "releasing the funds" which seems like praising the sun for rising in the east. Doing what they are supposed to do I guess really IS newsworthy.

I don't see it that way at all, I see it as the Secretary and head of USFWS making sure the bell is rung for how Federal and State Agencies are funded and without our contributions....well, forget about it.

There are far too many, likely even a majority of people have zero understanding of not only how critical the funding of PR and DJ dollar are, but to the magnitude that they are. Beyond that, they reason that they came about and how a group of people stepped up in such a dire time and said we must do something.

To me, there is no reason to be humble about this. The more people understand how this works, the more they understand and just might see things in a different light.

JR, that how I saw it and why I posted it, highlighting the sentence about other users thanking the sportsmen who began and continue the conservation efforts. That and I love data charts, figuring with the wide readership across the US here, other sportsmen would like to see what their state received.

JR's spot on.

Celebrate your investment in conservation, regardless of the party affiliation.

SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back