Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

The tradition continues

okie archer

My oldest daughter has been going turkey hunting with me since she was 5 years old. Killed her first tom at 10 and now has near 20 toms under her belt. My 11 year old son has taken up the tradition, this year notching Tom number 6 to his credit. This trip to western Oklahoma had a bit of emotional element added to it since my little girl now 22 is engaged to be married June 1st and the young man that stole her heart will be taking her 8 hours away to SE Texas. While we had happiness with our success the silent elephant in the room was we all knew this is the last trip with Brooklyn before she leaves the nest and starts her new life as a young bride. We got to western Oklahoma and hunted that afternoon/evening. We bagged two of the toms the first day. After she made a good shot and we were celebrating her hands were shaking with excitement just as they did when she was a little girl with her first bird. We eventually made our way to the farm we usually camp at. Brooklyn slept in the truck while Drake and I made our beds in the cattle feed troughs. The next day we found birds on the roost but the winds were horrible. No turkeys were harmed by us that day.
On the way home we stopped at a piece of public and watched several turkeys on private work their way to roost on another private piece. We were able to snag permission to hunt the following morning. Drake and I got set up within about 100 yards from the birds. Some of the gobblers flew down 20 yards past the decoy. One shot out of the .410 with the tss handload filled Drake's tag. Thankful for another memorable hunt.
Screenshot_20240427-140549.pngScreenshot_20240427-140654.pngScreenshot_20240427-140625.png

It is kinda bittersweet when they grow up and you realize now you’re hunting by yourself. Congrats on the birds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuckyDraw
Back