Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Suck for these people.

Hilljackoutlaw

Not sure if anyone has been following this or if it was already posted, but man thats a tough situation to be in.

I just read the article on the newest arrest. 4 shells in his carry-on means 12 years!

When you travel to another country you are bound by their laws whether you agree with them or not.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Hopefully they can get the situation resolved with no jail time.

The U.S. Embassy in the Bahamas had previously released a travel advisory warning Americans not to travel to Turks and Caicos with firearms or ammunition, and they recently updated that warning to be even more explicit.
Watson and Hagerich say they were not aware of the law and had not seen the advisory.

Not sure if anyone has been following this or if it was already posted, but man thats a tough situation to be in.

Man you think that's bad, you should read about US citizens arrested for seemingly benign laws in other countries, touching someone's arm, atheism, hijab use, etc.

This couple very clearly broke the law, also would have broken US law. Meat eater article incorrectly states it was in their checked luggage, the other more reputable news sites reported the ammo was found in their carry on, which is illegal in USA as well.

Don't disagree it sucks for them, but come on, they dug this grave.

We US citizens are pretty naive when it comes to traveling internationally. We believe everyone else has laws and leniency for us like we find in the states.

For their sake it would have been nice if TSA had found the ammo before they left the US. I agree a person needs to aware of the laws in any country they're traveling to or even just going through, but when it's an unintentional mistake... be reasonable. When you're leaving the island, you have no weapon and every indication is you simply didn't know you had four rounds with you; seems that could be treated differently than when they find a concealed weapon and ammo.

Were the detainees well funded and connected they wouldn't be there. They aren't enforcing those kinds of laws against Americans without approval of Feds. US tourism is vital to their economy. "Let those boys out or starve when we enact a travel ban."

Don't disagree, but I find it insanely ridiculous that it's not resolved and finished. Sometimes people of authority need to let common sense and logic prevail.

There are many reasons develping/third world countries lag behind the rest of the world, lack of common sense and logic are a huge part of it. Many of the people in power and law enforcement in those places are just uniformed grifters as well, I'm sure behind the scenes they are already debating just how big the "fines" need to be.

Also, as said above, our TSA should've caught these before they happened...but we all know how great the TSA is at their jobs...

I was flying out of our local airport and TSA found one bullet in my backpack from hunting. They were super understanding and asked me if I wanted to take it back to my car or have them dispose of it 😳. Needless to say I had them dispose of it while my wife gave me the side eye for a long long time.

Years ago President Bush came to Caterpillar to make some speech and Secret Service set up metal detectors at the entrances. I got extra attention for an antique freeze block in my lunch bucket but my buddy right behind me had a loose 22 round mixed in with his change. Lots of stuttering and a red face but they just took it and let him go.

Things like this is why I will stay my ass in the U.S. Preferably MT as much as possible.
Yup. I don't foresee myself leaving the country in my lifetime. There's enough here that I'll never hunt/fish/hike/explore all of it in my lifetime. With the exception of maybe going bird hunting with our neighbors to the north.

Last edited:
Very true. Hard to come by it seems lately though.

If you go on vacation this winter hill, don't bring ammo along for the ride!
Dude, do you think it was possibly a mistake that it was in a zipper that they hadn’t checked? I can’t believe that you’re so hard-core on them accidentally having this in their bag. You treat these guys through your comments like they’re career criminals.

Show some empathy.

Dude, do you think it was possibly a mistake that it was in a zipper that they hadn’t checked? I can’t believe that you’re so hard-core on them accidentally having this in their bag. You treat these guys through your comments like they’re career criminals.

Show some empathy.
Accidents happen, does that mean we shouldn't be held accountable for them?

because that's not the way their criminal justice system works as fast as I can tell. There doesn't appear to be a difference in the law of accidental vs premeditated.

I came back from Hawaii a month ago and TSA found an expensive bottle of sunscreen than had slipped into the hydration pouch of my backpack i thought i had lost. So while my initial reaction is why wouldn't you catch that before hand, I get how random things happen.

Now if this was pot and they played for the WNBA the government wouldn't do anything still right....?

Accidents happen, does that mean we shouldn't be held accountable for them?

because that's not the way their criminal justice system works as fast as I can tell. There doesn't appear to be a difference in the law of accidental vs premeditated.
Don't carry any .22 in your pocket. If it were you in that situation would you feel the same way? mtmuley

Don't carry any .22 in your pocket. If it were you in that situation would you feel the same way? mtmuley
Had some fall out of my pocket in junior high. (I realize that for some of you guys that was normal back in the day but this was early 2000's) luckily I had a cool Ag teacher. Can't even imagine what would happen now if it were my kids.

Had some fall out of my pocket in junior high. (I realize that for some of you guys that was normal back in the day but this was early 2000's) luckily I had a cool Ag teacher. Can't even imagine what would happen now if it were my kids.
I took my rifle to school. 1980's. Sometimes we ditched and went hunting. mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back