PEAX Equipment

Rimfire Rifle Recommendations

I don't need to spend 800 bucks to get my .22 movie quiet. Plus I wouldn't butcher any of them by threading. Just me. mtmuley

It’s a good thing nobody asked you to. We all know you’re uncivilized and plan to stay that way. And they’re way cheaper than centerfire suppressors fyi

Don’t get your feelers hurt. It’s a common joke in the rifle space. Those that shoot suppressed are civilized, those that don’t are uncivilized
Rokslide reference? I'm uncivilized in more areas than that I guess. Seems hard for people to wrap their head around someone not wanting a suppressor. mtmuley

Rokslide reference? I'm uncivilized in more areas than that I guess. Seems hard for people to wrap their head around someone not wanting a suppressor. mtmuley

Haha not a Rokslide reference. Seems equally as hard for some people to recognize the positive aspects of them

Haha not a Rokslide reference. Seems equally as hard for some people to recognize the positive aspects of them
I do recognize the positive aspects of them. Personally for me I choose not to use one. mtmuley

I’m thinking this should be on my short list.
The Rem 700 footprint is very nice. I tossed a TriggerTech Diamond in it and it was a very nice upgrade over the factory trigger. I was contemplating the CZ 457 or Tikka T1x, but they just felt like small rifles given the bolt and action size.

The Rem 700 footprint is very nice. I tossed a TriggerTech Diamond in it and it was a very nice upgrade over the factory trigger. I was contemplating the CZ 457 or Tikka T1x, but they just felt like small rifles given the bolt and action size.
The T1x fits in the same stocks as a regular Tikka T3, the only thing really smaller is the actual bolt and magazine.

If looking for a trainer I'd definitely go the t1x if I were in your shoes. The cz is never a bad choice.

Don't over look the ruger american rimfire either. I have on in 22lr and it's super accurate with a variety of ammo, not picky at all.

There are several Youtube reviews where the Springfield doesn't feed and doesn't shoot. Also, there are several threads about guys having QC issues with their Springfield Waypoint centerfire rifles...

All manufacturers put out lemons, but so far the customer service demonstrated by Springfield has been passive-aggressive and adversarial. Coupled with their suspect QC I'd say those are a hard pass from me. Shame because on paper they are pretty cool with attractive features...
That's unfortunate. I handled one earlier today seemed very nice, especially for the price.

I know when the bergara rimfires first came out there was some qc issues. I was dead set on one in 17hmr until I handled one, action was not good. That was when they first released, now they've seem to step up the qc and have gotten better.

Just get a mp 15-22 if you want to put a can on it...they are already threaded and you can get 30 rd mags...It was made for plinking and they are cheap enough. Accuracy depends on the ammo...copper nose stuff is the most accurate in the ones I have.

Tikka T1x 22 lr with 20” barrel. I’ve got one and that thing is a tack driver.
I agree. I've got 2 of them and they both shoot incredibly well. The only thing I dislike about them is the 10 round magazine shape and the fact that it sticks so far out the bottom of the stock right where it balances. I bought a couple of 5 round magazines that are flush with the stock, and that issue is fixed. (There's also a 3D printed base available for the 10 round magazine that makes it more like an 8 round magazine and reduces how much it sticks out. I tried it but still didn't care for it.)

The barrel is threaded so NP putting a can on it if you want.

I agree. I've got 2 of them and they both shoot incredibly well. The only thing I dislike about them is the 10 round magazine shape and the fact that it sticks so far out the bottom of the stock right where it balances. I bought a couple of 5 round magazines that are flush with the stock, and that issue is fixed. (There's also a 3D printed base available for the 10 round magazine that makes it more like an 8 round magazine and reduces how much it sticks out. I tried it but still didn't care for it.)

The barrel is threaded so NP putting a can on it if you want.
Mine balances in front of the mag. That’s a moot point for me, cause I never use that for shooting.

Back