• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date

Excited?

• Yes, it's my team's year!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • No, I'd rather knit a scarf! 🤣🤣

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters
I love live football. Watching on TV is ok, but not a big driver for me. Turned in my season tickets for this year because 4,000 fans spread across a 65,000 seat stadium in full masks and no snack bar doesn't sound fun. I will still root for my Vikings, and will watch the good matchups on TV, but just not excited this year. As for "politics of NFL", I could care less about politics in sports. The whole national anthem thing is stupid, when most of us were growing up the players were in locker room taping up and smoking cigarettes when the crowd sang. Not every minute of my existence is tied to the current cultural war - YMMV.

I am a die hard cleveland browns fan. I have not missed a play since their return in 1999. (Thats a lot of crappie football to watch) having said that football is a game for entertainment . Football is not entertaining me anymore. Because of the recent events, many players have already said they play on kneeling for are national anthem. I cannot morally watch this . Im sure my viewership won't be missed either but i don't care . I have put all my jerseys hats and shirts in a garage bag. If they kneel again im done .. there are more important things in life
Yeah, I would rather have protestors tearing down statues, burning private businesses and rioting in the streets. I'm not going to spoon feed it to you, but do some research and it might open your eyes as to how Kaepernik chose to use kneeling as a protest. And to be clear, I would NEVER sit, kneel, stand on my head or even wear a hat when the National Anthem is being performed. mtmuley

Last edited:
Yeah, I would rather have protestors tearing down statues, burning private businesses and rioting in the streets. I'm not going to spoon feed it to you, but do some research and it might open your eyes as to how Kaepernik chose to use kneeling as a protest. mtmuley
The op orginal question was are you excited about the NFL's upcoming season. I explained that i wasn't and give the reasons for my opinion. Everybody in this great country has a right to his or her own opinions. I suppose you need to do some reading on your own and maybe open your own eyes with an open mind to to see the other side. There has been a lot of great black men who has died for my freedom. Its disrespectful to them as well to kneel. You can twist turn and manipulate it any was you want . I do not feel its right and cannot support it.

The op orginal question was are you excited about the NFL's upcoming season. I explained that i wasn't and give the reasons for my opinion. Everybody in this great country has a right to his or her own opinions. I suppose you need to do some reading on your own and maybe open your own eyes with an open mind to to see the other side. There has been a lot of great black men who has died for my freedom. Its disrespectful to them as well to kneel. You can twist turn and manipulate it any was you want . I do not feel its right and cannot support it.
I felt the same way in the beginning. It took me years to figure it out. I edited my original post as to how I feel. Just so you know, it was a Green Beret that suggested the kneeling in the first place. mtmuley

Hard for met to get real excited this year. At this point, who knows if we will have a season or it will even finish. College football is a mess right now

First, sorry Boomer for the sidetrack. Second, ain't happening. As soon as Hauck gets his kids he recruited coached and on the field, look out. Already rebuilding with tough Montana kids. mtmuley
No worries here! As long as its team vs team and not blue vs red!

I felt the same way in the beginning. It took me years to figure it out. I edited my original post as to how I feel. Just so you know, it was a Green Beret that suggested the kneeling in the first place. mtmuley
Im glad you changed your original post. I really don't care if the president of the United states that suggested it.

Last edited:
As a Cowboys fan I’m excited to see what a coaching change looks like. Jason Garrett just wasn’t cutting it. I’m not saying it’s their year but I can tell you I’ll be watching instead of knitting.
An aggressive coach with all that talent... And we might not get to see it. Dang. mtmuley

Which anthem do they kneel for?

Congrats! You’ve got your own national anthem now and have successfully resegregated yourselves.

An aggressive coach with all that talent... And we might not get to see it. Dang. mtmuley
I liked Garrett unfortunately he's had a good spread of talent on the field however, his chess moves didn't seem to play in his favor. I really liked him. A cool demeanor, straight shooter type of gent from the interviews I gathered.

I liked Garrett unfortunately he's had a good spread of talent on the field however, his chess moves didn't seem to play in his favor. I really liked him. A cool demeanor, straight shooter type of gent from the interviews I gathered.
I liked Garret also. He just didn't have the "edge". Kinda like Bobby Hauck does. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back