Help. Need a turkey tail asap.

OntarioHunter

My Fr Britt attacked a client's turkey tail that was spread and drying. We've managed to save most of the big feathers but several of the secondaries are beyond repair. Anyone have a turkey tail you can spare? I have a US address you can ship it to where I can pick it up. Help my daughter out of this mess ... and get my old Fr Britt out of the doghouse.

I was more concerned that Puppy would have trouble digesting the bondo and borax but seems okay.

PM me if you can help. Thanks.

I have 6 or seven that are all dried spread out. I have one that I just put in borax in April that is half open. I was going to use it on a decoy like it was coming out of strut. If you think you can use one I can take a picture and let you be the judge.
Thanks, Nick. I linked this thread to her. Let's have a look. Greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the help and offers. It’s been a long few days (with definite neck pain) fixing/repairing feathers and scavenging what I can. I’m currently working on the final layer. Hopefully after the final layer is done I can flatten and fluff better. It won’t look as perfect as I had liked but I’m hoping it will hold and be okay. First two layers have been put together with bondo.
The final layer (bottom with metallic) has been borrowed from the other tail drying so I can “picture” the final look. I have tried to layer well enough to hide the severely broken feathers.
Pray for me this has been a nightmare to fix. IMG_0473.jpeg

My Fr Britt attacked a client's turkey tail that was spread and drying. We've managed to save most of the big feathers but several of the secondaries are beyond repair. Anyone have a turkey tail you can spare? I have a US address you can ship it to where I can pick it up. Help my daughter out of this mess ... and get my old Fr Britt out of the doghouse.

I was more concerned that Puppy would have trouble digesting the bondo and borax but seems okay.

PM me if you can help. Thanks.

Britts gonna Britt. Glad y'all found a replacement.

Very sore today from being hunched over piecing it together but it’s done. Hoping customer will be okay with it. Will give it some final tweaking in the next day or two once it has had some time to flatten out.
Thank you again to everyone’s offer to help, it was very much appriciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0476.jpeg
    IMG_0476.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
As with most situations, it’s not about the mistake, it’s about how it gets fixed! Customer will never know!

Clever handle and WOW that’s a nice muskie! So jealous!!! 😍😎

Very sore today from being hunched over piecing it together but it’s done. Hoping customer will be okay with it. Will give it some final tweaking in the next day or two once it has had some time to flatten out.
Thank you again to everyone’s offer to help, it was very much appriciated.
Well, that looks like crap! 😉😚👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back