Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

DNA kits?

Can you opt out of being contacted? Say you just want the data inputted?
Im not sure since I wasn’t the one who participated. I think your idea is a good gesture as long as there’s not weird family baggage you know about

Just a kid she had and gave up for adoption back in 59.

So there is hope he has an elk honey hole he is retiring out of. Lol
As tempting as it is to connect with family like that it’s my experience it’s hard to approach them gracefully. I support doing something like this for mom, but not to find mom

We got grandma’s right before she passed a couple years ago. Our whole family has traces of Russian, Italian, and Cameroonian that no one knew about.

I’ll be interested to get mine someday to find out more about my grandpas lineage - his family has roots in Baltimore back to at least the 1820’s, but before that it’s a bit of a ???

I've done ancestry and 23. I like ancestry a little better if you want to do research. It has a huge data base and you can look at other people's family trees that are related to you.

It would appear that I'm in the minority by saying that if my DNA were used to identify someone related to me as tye suspect of a crime, I see nothing wrong with that. Maybe because I can see the other side of that coin as being the possibility that my DNA could help bring justice to a relative who has been a victim.

It would appear that I'm in the minority by saying that if my DNA were used to identify someone related to me as tye suspect of a crime, I see nothing wrong with that. Maybe because I can see the other side of that coin as being the possibility that my DNA could help bring justice to a relative who has been a victim.

I’m not too worried about it either.

I did both, liked ancestry a bit better although I did connect with an unknown half sister through 23 and me. You can set certain privacy settings and even if somebody does contact you, you can just ignore it. I was adopted at birth, was pretty neat to see where my bloodlines come from. I'm also prior service, dna cat was let out of the bag back in '93 for me.

My sister did it. It revealed some Native American heritage that we weren’t aware of (we thought our ancestors on my grandfathers side came from a different tribe). I don’t know how or why so YMMV.
My BIL claimed he was Cherokee and his mother supposedly had the card to prove it. Turns out he is ZERO % native american :ROFLMAO:
He doesn't know we all learned the truth from his daughter.

My wife was adopted, she found her mom on it. She hasn't ever contacted.
Also, saw today in the news a 40 y/o cold case of a dead baby left to die in a bag. They just found the 57 y/o woman living her life, 1 year jail
I’ve thought about that for our step brother we only know about. I doubt he would want to know the horror of how he got conceived then brought into the world by a 13 year old.

Back