Caribou Gear Tarp

Dave N Elk tag fund raiser

Addicting

With the permission of @Dave N and @Big Fin we are changing Dave’s Go Fund Me.

Dave as most of you have read has had a rough start to his retirement with all the care and passing of his wife Lori. We want to help Dave with his healing and forward movement of life in retirement.

Dave has never killed an elk and never thought he would be able to. Let’s make that happen. The goal of changing and opening this back up is that he can get enough funds raised to pay for the hunt with nothing out of pocket. We would like to mirror the HT camps of days old. Similar to the bear hunt, Vet hunt I organized, or the Moose hunt that was done for Cushman. This hunt will take place in 2025 in either MT or WY whichever we can draw him a tag in.

The challenge is Dave has zero points. We will be looking for people to party app with him along with financial donations. I have 8 elk points in Wyoming and will share those but they will likely not be enough to cover a general.

Please consider helping Dave start over his retirement on a positive note.

Thanks Addicting.

Edit: the previous balance of $4995 was spent on Lori’s bills. This thread restarted the old go fund me and the balance is incorrect for this purpose. I cannot edit the amount shown. All donations as of 5-13 are going towards the tag goal. Currently we are at $980 at the time of edit.

Last edited:
Very kind of you and there is no more of a deserving person on HuntTalk! I think I only have like 4 here in MT but if it means @Dave N getting a tag I’m all in, just tell me what I need to do! I had no idea you’ve never been elk hunting dude?! God bless! We are all rooting for you!

Good on ya @Addicting

Great idea and that's why this place is great even though we fight like children sometimes. I'm guessing without a point donor MT is the best bet for a general tag buying pref points.

Great idea and that's why this place is great even though we fight like children sometimes. I'm guessing without a point donor MT is the best bet for a general tag buying pref points.
I’ve had a few PMs in regards to party apps tentatively we could do either state. For Wyoming would like to find another with over seven points.

Montana it’s not my strong suit and I have to freshen up on average needed.

if i can be there, i'll be there. have nothing to offer in terms of points unfortunately. maybe a few worthwhile wyoming waypoints if it comes to that.

for now, i do have some cash i can let go of.

I’ve had a few PMs in regards to party apps tentatively we could do either state. For Wyoming would like to find another with over seven points.

Montana it’s not my strong suit and I have to freshen up on average needed.
Definitely try for WY, but MT is good backup, 90% with 2 preference points this year, can buy 1 this fall and 1 next spring at application time, find someone with 3 points and it would be guaranteed for the general elk combo.

With the permission of @Dave N and @Big Fin we are changing Dave’s Go Fund Me.

Dave as most of you have read has had a rough start to his retirement with all the care and passing of his wife Lori. We want to help Dave with his healing and forward movement of life in retirement.

Dave has never killed an elk and never thought he would be able to. Let’s make that happen. The goal of changing and opening this back up is that he can get enough funds raised to pay for the hunt with nothing out of pocket. We would like to mirror the HT camps of days old. Similar to the bear hunt, Vet hunt I organized, or the Moose hunt that was done for Cushman. This hunt will take place in 2025 in either MT or WY whichever we can draw him a tag in.

The challenge is Dave has zero points. We will be looking for people to party app with him along with financial donations. I have 8 elk points in Wyoming and will share those but they will likely not be enough to cover a general.

Please consider helping Dave start over his retirement on a positive note.

Thanks Addicting.

Just to clarify, I need to donate to the gofundme account For the elk hunt?

Another idea might be a NV cow tag. He can get a point in the second draw in about a month. Not sure what the nr draw odds are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back