Caribou Gear Tarp

One last hunt for my Godfather. Help requested

Take the man to Africa, give him something to really remember, since money isn't an issue.
I wholeheartedly second this opinion. You can find a hunt with good weather, easy terrain and a lot of game. It also helps that the meals are amazing.

Pm me if you'd like some ideas.

Well men, I had a pretty straightforward talk with him yesterday. I wanted to test the waters before expending too much time or wasting anyone else’s.

At first I asked him what he thought about taking a trip and he said he had been thinking about it a lot. Then, as the conversation continued he revealed details about the effects of the chemo that I didn’t know. He is very private and always tries to appear well so you don’t worry.

Basically he’s right on the edge of total incontenece and it embarrasses him deeply.

As a last option I offered a local duck hunt. I know a guide that would drive us right to the blind and all he would have to do is sit and shoot for about 2 hours.

He thanked me graciously and related that it’s easier for him to savor his memories of hunting than to risk going out again and soiling himself mid hunt.

I’m sharing this here because of the safe advice we all know about making memories while there is still time and not letting money or trivial excuses stop us.

I’m very fortunate to have hunted with him many times and gone on many other adventures as well as to just sit by the fire and listen to stories about him and my dad.

Thank you all for the messages, kind words, and suggestions. Perhaps someone else in a similar situation will benefit from the discussion.

-Sabot

Well men, I had a pretty straightforward talk with him yesterday. I wanted to test the waters before expending too much time or wasting anyone else’s.

At first I asked him what he thought about taking a trip and he said he had been thinking about it a lot. Then, as the conversation continued he revealed details about the effects of the chemo that I didn’t know. He is very private and always tries to appear well so you don’t worry.

Basically he’s right on the edge of total incontenece and it embarrasses him deeply.

As a last option I offered a local duck hunt. I know a guide that would drive us right to the blind and all he would have to do is sit and shoot for about 2 hours.

He thanked me graciously and related that it’s easier for him to savor his memories of hunting than to risk going out again and soiling himself mid hunt.

I’m sharing this here because of the safe advice we all know about making memories while there is still time and not letting money or trivial excuses stop us.

I’m very fortunate to have hunted with him many times and gone on many other adventures as well as to just sit by the fire and listen to stories about him and my dad.

Thank you all for the messages, kind words, and suggestions. Perhaps someone else in a similar situation will benefit from the discussion.

-Sabot
God Bless. Who knows what the future holds? I’m sure he felt loved and that’s what it is all about.

Proud of you @Sabot
Your actions shows him the impact that he has made on your life, and toward your love of hunting!
I pray we all have that impact on our younger generations.

I’m reviving this thread to ask for prayer. He called me Thursday to tell me that his PSA numbers are bad and his doctor is concerned. He’s probably going to get a PET scan soon but he’s saying he wont do treatment again.

This man has been my rock for so many years I can’t hardly bear the thought of what is coming.

Prayers and hope for the best. Damn cancer!!! With prostrate cancer now in my rearview mirror, I can relate to the pain and embarassment of dealing with the effects. When you gotta pee, you gotta pee ... and right now! I know of every bathroom and roadside bush for a hundred miles.

I hope it's not too late for turning that wretched cancer growth around. Tell him that your HT family is in his corner. Show him hunting stories and photos from HT, as it will renew his own memories and help him savor and value those times afield. Give him your strength to look ahead with optimism.

I won't know which tags I get til next month. Or if I will, but I could have a tag for a Gyreene.
From a former Marine ride share guy...Navy.

This throws a whole change of what the plans for the tags is this year.
But what the heck, I can totally relate.
I'm winning the battle,for now.

I won't know which tags I get til next month. Or if I will, but I could have a tag for a Gyreene.
From a former Marine ride share guy...Navy.

This throws a whole change of what the plans for the tags is this year.
But what the heck, I can totally relate.
I'm winning the battle,for now.
Awesome Hank-You always come through. God Bless Sir !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back