Sitka Gear Optifade Cover

What is this thing for?

nastynate

I don’t know when I got this but was in the back of the gear pile. It’s lined with a plastic or some sort, perhaps cordura outer, and has clips. It would be horribly designed if it was a cooler bag. Any idea what its intended purpose is?

IMG_7983.jpegIMG_7984.jpeg

I guess Pheasants forever needs to put their logo on a milk crate which is what I put ‘em in. This looks like it would keep a dead bird from cooling off, which is not what I want. But I suspect you’re right that it’s a game bag, and I will not use it as such. And the clip positioning is weird.

Clip it to the back of your vehicle head rest for a trash receptacle.

I don't know the real use.

Last edited:
It's one of those dumb free promo handouts that never work as well as the one you paid for, or the milk crate...
I think this is the winner. It doesn’t roll up like a proper dry bag at the top. When the clips are clipped together it doesn’t seal contents in in any useful way but also would make it hard to get into. Which is why I posted here in the first place, since I couldn’t figure out if there is a job it was made to do well. It’ll sit in the pile til someday I think of a use. Maybe car garbage bag.

I have one too. If I remember right it came with a leash and was made for dog food.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back