Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

We've been robbed by poachers again!

LuckyMike

What kind of person(s) would shoot this beautiful animal out of season and just leave him lay 100-ft from a road to rot?
DSC00264c.JPG

DSC00266c.JPG

These pictures were taken on July 25th this summer. I've had my eye on this buck near my home. He fed, in the summer months, on a regular basis in an alfalfa field owned by a neighbor to the west of where I live. He bedded on public land sometimes and other times on my neighbor to the north. Occasionally he has crossed my property on his way to and from the alfalfa. I had finally gotten permission from my neighbor to the west to bow hunt on his property. Have been out several times since the archery season openned. Didn't ever see him.

Well, last weekend at a social gathering with some of our neighbors, my wife was asking if anyone else had smelled the horrible rotten smell, in mid August,up the road from us a ways. I was gone during the time she and others noticed the smell and vultures and I really hadn't given the issue much thought. Our nieghbor who lives closest to where the smell seemed to come from, said he in fact found the source of the smell and had called Fish & Game. He then showed us all a picture of the dead split brow-tine buck, bloated and rotten but intact, head, antlers and all. His picture was dated August 16th, well before archery or any other hunting season was open. F & G Warden examined the carcuss, best he could and apparently determined it was shot with a rifle behind the shoulder. He was unable to retreive a bullet due to complete pass through.

I post this, not just to share with the rest of you, but also because it angers me to the core that someone would commit this crime, and to boot, it is many times over, attributed to "hunters." We all know it is very unlikely a "hunter" did this!

Last edited:
Makes me sick to my stomach. I can't understand some people.

I just don't comprehend shooting a great buck like that, just to shoot it. So wrong that there are people like that.

People that do things like shoot that buck and leave him lay are cowards. They don't have the skills, ability or ambition to hunt and take an animal like that fair and square. Our wildlife laws need to change. A slap on the wrist does not deter dickweeds like the one that killed that buck. mtmuley

Thrill killers. The same mentality that we had here during the methane boom. Jerks from all over the country were in WY working on methane wells. They got drunk, went out and drove back roads, and shot whatever they saw. Just left them lay. Maybe cut antlers off.

Damn their souls.

SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back