The new hunter needs some help.

jessie0718

My name is Jessie and I'm from idaho falls, I'm a new hunter and on here to get learn and get advice. I have my elk tag for unit 69 and 66. Can anyone help me with some good spots to get me a good cow? Using a rifle for now until I can learn to shoot with one. Anyway if people can help a new hunter out would be great, it's embarrassing I'm 40 and just starting to hunt. My wife comes along with me and I love how she does that we both are learning and today I feel bummed. We went were out and i stopped because I seen either 2 Elk cows or 2 female moose. I couldn't really see they didn't run off right away. I still couldn't really see with binoculars either I'm not very smart not being able to tell the diffrence from 500 yards or so. I couldn't even shoot if I wanted couldn't see what was behind them so we moved closer to be able to see it's open by the way so I'm thinking moose because they don't have the best site anyway my wife fell and they ran off. Starting to think I shouldn't be hunting if I couldn't tell what was what if anyone could help me out with some good areas on 69 and 66 would be great getting up early. Thanks again for the help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OregonHunter24
Back