Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Tell me about cheek risers.

CowboyLeroy

I have an older style model 7 that I decided to put a new scope on. I'd already bought the scope but when I got around to mounting it I started running into problems finding mounts and based that would match the old style hole pattern on the receiver, but would fit a 30mm tube. I hit the easy button and bought a pic rail with low rings but my scope is too high, I considered buying a new stock but I decided I'd be better served using the money on a trigger job and cheek riser. If you have one or know of one you like if like to know about it. Also if you've replaced a trigger on a model seven I'd like your opinions or suggestions on that.

I just went down this rabbit hole on all my rifles. I finally have all my rifles comb Hight in the correct position and my groups have drastically improved. My favorite solution has been Mountain Tactical cheek riser kit. easy to use and solid as a rock.

I've used one exactly like the Mountain Tactical one, except not carbon fiber, just plastic. I installed it on a Ruger American that I had. I wasn't scared at all of drilling into the tupperware stock.
On a wood stock, I would opt for a sleeve instead of drilling.
I installed a Timney on my Model 7 last year. I have mine sitting in a Bell and Carslon stock and I did need to do quite a bit of dremel work to make sure the safety operated smoothly. Without the dremel work the safety would rub against the inside of the stock.
Other than that, there were no issues with operation and install.

I started working on good cheek welds a few years ago. Made a big difference. I went a dramatically simple route that didn't mess up my stock. Vet tape and craft foam. Just kept building up the comb with stacked foam until it was right, then wrapped it all up in vet tape. Cost about $5 total and I got a custom fit. Snipers often did something similar with basic materials and duct tape. Doesn't have to be complicated.

I started working on good cheek welds a few years ago. Made a big difference. I went a dramatically simple route that didn't mess up my stock. Vet tape and craft foam. Just kept building up the comb with stacked foam until it was right, then wrapped it all up in vet tape. Cost about $5 total and I got a custom fit. Snipers often did something similar with basic materials and duct tape. Doesn't have to be complicated.
A couple years ago I did this exact same thing on the grip of my bow. Helps me to grab quickly and get the exact grip that I like every time without messing around.
Great idea using it for a custom cheek weld.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back