Advertisement

Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep movement

Benn74

I have a question! Just wondering how far sheep will go between now and November? I have a tag but it doesn’t start until November in Utah pretty sure this herd doesn’t migrate far but I’m not sure! Been looking where the biologist flew last December and done the counts but haven’t found any sheep there yet just curious about this

I have a question! Just wondering how far sheep will go between now and November? I have a tag but it doesn’t start until November in Utah pretty sure this herd doesn’t migrate far but I’m not sure! Been looking where the biologist flew last December and done the counts but haven’t found any sheep there yet just curious about this
Unfortunately this is going to be a different answer for every different sheep herd. Your best bet is going to be to talk to someone that has that specific local knowledge. You might consider providing location specifics if you want to try this online information gather. I assume it’s a really hard draw as all sheep tags so not to likely someone will steal your spot.

Unfortunately this is going to be a different answer for every different sheep herd. Your best bet is going to be to talk to someone that has that specific local knowledge. You might consider providing location specifics if you want to try this online information gather. I assume it’s a really hard draw as all sheep tags so not to likely someone will steal your spot.
Yeah 25 years! Lol kinda what I thought but just thought I might ask anyhow

The herds I'm familiar with in northern Utah don't move far or move a considerable distance. Nothing in-between.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back