Reliable air transportation services in Alaska

I can’t get any transporters to answer phones or respond to texts.
Called several. I get it that you’re busy but still respond.

The number of air taxis gets smaller and smaller every year. The cost keeps going up most are so stupid high it's become OIL type adventure for residents.

I can't blame them for charging what the market requires, but getting $1000 an hour or more or a plane ride is getting to be the norm.

The number of air taxis gets smaller and smaller every year. The cost keeps going up most are so stupid high it's become OIL type adventure for residents.

I can't blame them for charging what the market requires, but getting $1000 an hour or more or a plane ride is getting to be the norm.
My buddy went in 21 about 60 miles out of anchorage with his brother it was 6 k a piece when I went in 22 I was glad I’m friends with a guy with a plane

Biggest cost for us is insurance, the cost of a one hour flight from king salmon south to Ukashik narrows doubled, nearly, from last summer to this summer, cost of insurance. ( based on a loaded Beaver) that's pretty expensive fishing. Fuel, wages supply and demand haven't changed much. My guess is people are going to quit paying that high of price. We're seeing it fishing, guys who use to fly three days and fish the lodge home waters three days are now flying two days. Lodges that don't contract their flying are simply charging more.
In many ways Alaska is the canary in the coal mine as to costs for hunting and fishing and climate change. Won't even be recognizable in 20 years, the reality is I hardly recognize it myself given how much it's changed up there since I was a kid.
If you dream of an Alaskan hunt you better get it done.

Seems like air taxi guys are big on what have you done for me lately. Once you've learned to catch the plane, keep it off the rocks, get all the cleated wading boots and bear spray in the floats, or belly pod, turn the plane, get your clients into the plane without breaking anything; load 100 pound propane tanks into the plane for some one else, never bitch about him being late for a pickup, never be late for a pickup, never bitch but run like hell for the LZ when he circles you, still fishing, 90 minutes before he was scheduled to be there and most of all be cheerful the next day because bad weather kept you out all night, eventually you earn first flight every day status.
Most of these guys and gals are exceptional talents flying small aircraft into remote places but they can only do so much on any given day.

Seems like air taxi guys are big on what have you done for me lately. Once you've learned to catch the plane, keep it off the rocks, get all the cleated wading boots and bear spray in the floats, or belly pod, turn the plane, get your clients into the plane without breaking anything; load 100 pound propane tanks into the plane for some one else, never bitch about him being late for a pickup, never be late for a pickup, never bitch but run like hell for the LZ when he circles you, still fishing, 90 minutes before he was scheduled to be there and most of all be cheerful the next day because bad weather kept you out all night, eventually you earn first flight every day status.
Most of these guys and gals are exceptional talents flying small aircraft into remote places but they can only do so much on any given day.
Very much this, don't be an assclown, be patient, be helpful, be on time (on time is half an hour early), and do what they ask. Same goes for fishing/hunting in AK on boat based deals as well. Don't stand around like a stupid client, untangle your own lines, net your buddies fish if the captain is busy, work the winch for the anchors if they ask, spray off the deck if it's covered in fish blood, drive the boat if asked, etc. etc. etc.

The guy we used for fishing in AK for about 15 years became a good friend and we always got treated better just because we pitched in and helped.

Probably why I got an invite back with the one I used. I’m ok with being treated like a second class citizen and I’ll see him when I see him

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back