Quest for a Sask moose

Sask hunter

My fiancée drew a moose tag out our back door. This will be here first ever chance at a bull moose but she has shot a couple cows before. We won’t start scouting till mid to late September as moose move so much during the rut. Her season runs October 1-14 and November 1-14. Soon I will start getting permission for her but that will be fairly easy overall. Anyways we bought a house May 1 and it has a walk in cooler. I have been busy with Reno’s lately and will be most of the summer. But anyways once in awhile I take an evening off from work to do some fun stuff. My project tonight was building shelving in the walk in cooler. This old shelving was in there already for storing potatoes so I raised them up. Need to add in some more eye bolts meat hooks and 2x4 chunks as needed. Next step is to raise the the shelving on the other side and fill in the middle. I think I should be able to fit 2 or 2.5 worth of moose quarters in there. Once that’s done next step is getting my skinning pole setup between Reno’s. Stay tuned to see the cooler and skinning setup progresses and some moose scouting pictures this fall. Hopefully can find one of these bulls back from last year

IMG_2330.jpeg
IMG_1083.jpegIMG_1065.jpegIMG_1069.jpegIMG_1085.jpegIMG_1084.jpeg

Sask hunter : “Walk in cooler? Yea we will take it. “

Sask hunter’s fiancé: “but, don’t you think we would look at the rest of the house?”

I always look forward to your adventures. Good luck! Hopefully that moose in the picture stays around and continues to grow! He looks like he’s going to be a brute!

Given how good you make Sask gas station moose tags look I can't even imagine how good a draw moose tag would be. Very excited to follow along on this one!

Did take a break from arguing about CWD on here today to install a chain. Will tighten it up a bit more when I get a chain hoist. Look like we will get about 12-12.5’ of lifting in this spot
IMG_2338.jpeg

Back