Ollin Digiscope Adapter

Finnman

I'm planning to order this system for an Athlon Ares G2 spotter. Has anyone had any luck finding the right one to fit? They don't currently make one for an Athlon. The eyepiece diameter is 55.7 mm on this scope. Ollin says the closest one made is 55.85 which is for a Leupold SX4 spotter. I'm thinking I can probably make it work. Even if I have to use some kind of filler tape or maybe a chunk of bike inner tube to snug it up. Any thoughts?

I got one for my Ares G2 (15-45x65) a few months ago - I measured the eyepiece and contacted Ollin, and they recommended the SX4. It’s a tad too big, but about two layers of electrical tape are perfect to keep it in place with no play. The Ollin adapter is hard plastic with no give, so you definitely have to be a touch big rather than a touch small.

I got one for my Ares G2 (15-45x65) a few months ago - I measured the eyepiece and contacted Ollin, and they recommended the SX4. It’s a tad too big, but about two layers of electrical tape are perfect to keep it in place with no play. The Ollin adapter is hard plastic with no give, so you definitely have to be a touch big rather than a touch small.
Thank you! Do you have your rubber eyecup turned in all the way? So that the adapter will go over the larger part of the eyepiece behind it. How do you like your spotter?

Thank you! Do you have your rubber eyecup turned in all the way? So that the adapter will go over the larger part of the eyepiece behind it. How do you like your spotter?
Yep eyecup turned in all the way. With the Ollin on, you do lose the ability to adjust the eyecup out if you’re glassing without a phone, but I think it’s worth it.

I haven’t used an alpha spotter so can’t compare, but the Athlon is great for my use case. Pretty light, fits well in a pack, and has plenty of zoom and clarity to determine if the buck a mile and half away is worth chasing. The Ollin makes it way more useful for solo range days where I can use video to confirm long range steel hits, and I plan to use it a lot this hunting season as my eyes get fatigued using the spotter for long stretches.

Yep eyecup turned in all the way. With the Ollin on, you do lose the ability to adjust the eyecup out if you’re glassing without a phone, but I think it’s worth it.

I haven’t used an alpha spotter so can’t compare, but the Athlon is great for my use case. Pretty light, fits well in a pack, and has plenty of zoom and clarity to determine if the buck a mile and half away is worth chasing. The Ollin makes it way more useful for solo range days where I can use video to confirm long range steel hits, and I plan to use it a lot this hunting season as my eyes get fatigued using the spotter for long stretches.
Thanks! Ollin system on the way!

Back