Sitka Gear Optifade Cover

Oklahoma McAAP Trad Hunt

Cap-Tan

This year I drew the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant traditional archery hunt for October 18-20th in the Boggy area. When I first drew I was pretty anxious/nervous since I’ve only ever hunted with a compound bow but now with it being months (and hundreds if not thousands of arrows) later I’m feeling decently confident out to 20 yards with my longbow. I’m only a couple weeks away now and getting more excited by the day for the chance to see some quality deer. I’m not getting my hopes up for harvesting one but excited for the experience. That being said, the only intel I have on that area is from 11 years ago. Has anyone here hunted in the boggy area in the last couple years and have any tips or areas to focus on? I’ve heard you don’t have to go super deep into the woods or away from the roads and bunkers but that’s about all I’ve been told. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Also I plan on turning this into a live hunt once the weekend arrives but it will be void of photos since it’s on an active army post. Thanks y’all!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnyankee
Back